Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lorde Doome clause
I noticed that the clause in the rule list permitting Lorde Doome to do anything, and have anything done to him has vanished.
Looks like it was removed from the wiki all the way back in 2014
Does that mean it's still in effect, or is it forgotten lore?
Dwarves are maddeningly stupid.
when it's gone, it's gone! Doome is just a regular mortal like the rest of you now.
petition to make me or wonk the new lorde doome
(01-31-2019, 06:30 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: petition to make me or wonk the new lorde doome

As long as the ability for either of you to do anything you want is removed.
(01-31-2019, 06:30 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: petition to make me or wonk the new lorde doome

Id be down for a compromise. Half the lord doome rule for you. You still have to follow the rules but nobody has to follow the rules at you.
(01-31-2019, 09:50 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:

Id be down for a compromise. Half the lord doome rule for you. You still have to follow the rules but nobody has to follow the rules at you.

Would said doomes be allowed to figt back under self defense

From Lord Doome to Lard Cluwne.

The rule was old SS13. Filled with cliques and idolatry to a level that pretty clearly divided who was in and who was out. Granted this is the impression I had from my initial tries at SS13.

The main difference from then and now is the administration; they no longer openly participate in said favoritism.

+1 so long as i can defend myself
An opt-in to be griefed but not grief sounds like Goon on hardmode. I like it! It would have the obvious problem of increased levels of accidental grief, though. There should be a way to minimize this if this is implemented. For example, an icon over someone's sprite visible to all players, or when you inspect someone you get a big red text saying that they may be ganked, or a list of all people who may be freely griefed that is accessible to all players. I like the last two options when combined together (and when you observe someone who's too far or has the meta-neural haze gene, you still can tell if they may be griefed).

Also I would argue that if the last option is taken, then shapeshifting into that person makes you a valid target, as you have access to knowing whether or not the person you're shapeshifting into is the target of bored Goons. HOWEVER, this also means that injecting someone with Stable Mutagen imprinted onto someone who is on the grief-list is an antagonistic action, as you are freeing them up to be brutally murdered by anyone (basically similar to cluwning someone).
^ Yeah That. Occasionally I like the idea of rp-ing as someone to be bullied.
I miss Lorde Doome. I remember one of the first times I ever saw them. I was a medic getting use to all the medic shit because it was one of the first times I ever played medic. A security guard came up next to me, I figured they were just getting meds. Unfortunately for me that was not the case. The sec guard beat me with a baton and then dragged me to an airlock and spaced me. I was stunned and asked what the fuck was going on in dead chat. I was told to read the rules, so I did and saw that Lorde Doome clause and noticed the name of the sec guard was in fact none other than Lorde Doome. 5/5 would get doomed on again. Lorde Doome made me actually pay attention to the people around me and notice their names and if someone was getting too close to me. I think it made me a better spaceman overall.
I miss Kiki. We need this:

[Image: 4ba1a1bd40.png]

Spread the Kiki.
valid vitatroll but anyway

a trait that allows you to be killed/griefed by others sounds like a great idea. could lead to some interesting gimmick rounds even as a non-antag. i'm mostly thinking of that one round from ages ago where cog2 was painted red and became syndie station and i was a blue clown and robusted everyone on station repeatedly cause they kept attacking me, but would be more one-sided from this. they robust me and i flee. still fun
Should be named the Doomed Clause
If you want that stuff please suggest it in suggestions.

EDIT: (so I can deny it lol)