Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Wizards Hate Technology?
Right? They absolutely loath technology, so why are they willing to use it (wizards who get ahold of stun guns and lasers and pods)????
Because they get turn into bearded punching bags in .1 seconds if they don't play cheap as fuck
Daeren Wrote:Because they get turn into bearded punching bags in .1 seconds if they don't play cheap as fuck

No they don't, not really. You just have to be really careful which is actually possible since you don't have to corrupt anymore.
They should not be allowed to use it and get one more spell slot
Daeren Wrote:Because they get turn into bearded punching bags in .1 seconds if they don't play cheap as fuck
this is not true at all, yesterday i had a 100% completed wizard round without using any guns OR spells. Its just about playing smart and picking your battles wisely.
Just imagine magic missile-ing the captain, he drops his gun, and you grab it and try to execute him.
'You have no idea how to use this energy gun!'

what i mean is that it would feel lame as heck
sorry, forgot to add- I think the problem here is that the Knock spell is basically a free ticket to four energy guns it's fine if a wizard uses guns once in a while, but I think I see wizards run to the armory at the start of the round a little too often.
I really don't see any of this as being a problem.
There's no need for all this discussion, because the issue was already settled four decades ago. The answer is no, Wizards do not hate technology. (In case the time code fucks up, skip to 5 minutes 9 seconds on the video.)
Cogwerks Wrote:I really don't see any of this as being a problem.

Which side of it?

I wasn't saying it's a problem, I was just saying that lore wise I thought that they were after Nanotrasen for using technology and the fact most wizards use the shit out of all of it was just funky to me.
Give wizards the ability to create laser golems instead.
Klayboxx Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:I really don't see any of this as being a problem.

Which side of it?

I wasn't saying it's a problem, I was just saying that lore wise I thought that they were after Nanotrasen for using technology and the fact most wizards use the shit out of all of it was just funky to me.
Lore wise Bee's aren't the size of melons, Lore wise Wizards don't live in space, Lore wise Walruses need air to breath.
Tteckk Wrote:Lore wise Bee's aren't the size of melons
No, the space bees really are that big. That's why they're greater domestic space-bees.
better idea: have wizard's overpowering arcane magicks overpower technological devices so after a few uses they go kaputt and explode
AngriestIBM Wrote:
Tteckk Wrote:Lore wise Bee's aren't the size of melons
No, the space bees really are that big. That's why they're greater domestic space-bees.
Why you got to go and do that. Now I feel silly. frown