Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Job rewards suggestion post
I personally believe that job rewards should unlock cosmetics and sidegrades. Nothing that improves gameplay, but stuff that either makes you look fancier/cooler, or that allows for different playstyles. That and generally wacky/silly shit would be wonderful to have. Minor QoL features might be nice on occasion as well.

As discussed in this thread, giving players who have more experience and playtime straight upgrades/bonuses (e.g the Tsunami) would just give the experienced players an unfair advantage in the game.

I like much of Adhara's suggestions - simple and fits the criteria above.
(10-22-2019, 09:39 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: suggestions for rewards:

sec - redeemable shouty mutation

If I'm understanding this right, I would be so so happy if a job reward for sec was the ability to change your scream to the 'HALT!' of Town Guards. Could be a bit difficult in making people paranoid about actual town guard mobs being on the station, especially with the recent addition of the traitor sponge capsules, but I think it'd be so worth it.
For kicks and giggles (and to mess with experienced players), Make a janitor job reward for cleaning grenades that alter the color of the cleaning foam into the same color as QGP foam. "Cotton Candy Scented Cleaning Grenade" or something similar.
I believe its been discussed before, but changing your job's title to various accolades was pitched in the main discord.

100% I agree with the other sentiments that job rewards should stay cosmetic and not influence gameplay.
If there's side grades, QoL or whatnot, it should be available to everyone as opposed to only after x amount of playtime.
Perhaps instead of 'HALT!' being a Sec unlock, an Oblivion-esqe 'STOP!' Should be used instead. This prevents any potential paranoia of there being Town Guard Mobs on the station while still having a silly sound unlock for Security.
(10-23-2019, 06:17 PM)Comrade f191 Wrote: Perhaps instead of 'HALT!' being a Sec unlock, an Oblivion-esqe 'STOP!' Should be used instead. This prevents any potential paranoia of there being Town Guard Mobs on the station while still having a silly sound unlock for Security.

Good idea - Oblivion was the Elder Scrolls game that I played the most of so you'll hear no argument from me. Any of the Oblivion imperial guard lines could be gold, really.
Possible doctor cosmetics:
+ Alt ProDoc color lenses
+ Analyzer reskinned at something else, like a stethoscope or an ear light thingy. Ordinary doctor items that can compete with futuristic ones seem like fun.
+ Designer scrubs and face masks!

Security Cosmetics:
+ Flash reskinned as the flash thingy from Men in Black! Yes!

If I think of anything else, I'll add it to the post.
[quote='Kamikaze Mongoose' pid='141241' dateline='1571993298']
Possible doctor cosmetics:
+ Analyzer reskinned at something else, like a stethoscope or an ear light thingy. Ordinary doctor items that can compete with futuristic ones seem like fun.
/quote]

yo such a good idea what the heck
Possible CE "upgrades" / level rewards

- Hardhat -> Reinforced Hardhat (black/yellow hazard striped?) with any/mix of these extra parts
Face Visor that has flash and welder resistance, welding mask level damage reduction, an extra large lamp or perhaps burning candle, beerhelmet style small airtank slots for that short spacewalk, extra antenae to improve radio strength (against solar or emp?) or station bound radio, ear mufflers

- Atmost Analizer -> Analizer nThousand which could come with any of the following upgrades
Ranged, Power in Wire, Power Consumption by Object Scanned , Battery charge on APC in area(if ranged), Device Analiser, Fingerprint Scan (superflous?), Infrared lamp, Pen.

- Borg style swiss tool containing a set fo the following:
"fork, knife, spoon, Coffe Cup (15u)"
"Bluebox+Multitool+Soldering Iron" this might be op ish due to clearin more storage/making the belt irrelevant? maybe just selected few tools or mixed with the above?

- Abc-u Designator -> Designator xYZ, Combines the 4 Designator tools into one. (more of a Mechanic thing but CE is also a Mechanic.)

- ReWiring Kit: Allows the Exchange of burned or Damaged/Cut Wires in a Machine/Vendor/Door or Borg or AI or Junction Box in a timed action without having to take the object appart.

- CE leveling Objectives:

PTL: Power Level output, More XP teh Higher you go or More the More money you make ( after PTL money generation fix), Per People Gibbed with it.
Singularity: Per Monkey or Clown Thrown Into it.
Furnances: Per Furnance active during shift , more for each Ore or Clown Burned.
Construction: Depending on Material requirement of Item Build.

- Subobjectives: Engineering Crew Survival, QM has Money, Station Budget Active Time, Secondary Mining Magnet, Station Integrity, Apc Charges, Smes Charge level.

Should have some overlap with other jobs that are under him.