Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
New secret chem fentanyl
the  Fentanyl is the most powerful pain killer on the world my idea is adding it to goon has a secret chem it act like morphine but better and strong the fentanyl this should be apply has patch or inject or pills but in low doses because in od can be very lethal in case of over dose this gonna suffocate you and cause high toxin damage incapacitating you quickly and killing you
you ruined the secret
(01-23-2019, 01:02 AM)poland spring Wrote: you ruined the secret

i said the chem gonna be secret i never said the precursors
i'm gonna aprroach this one with hesitation because it's unfortunately a very contemporary epidemic that no doubt has victims in or close to the community here. For the same reason "space AIDS" got shot down, I expect this to also just kind of go away.

That said, in a larger scope, more pharmaceutical chems and O-Chem has been something I wanted to see for a long time and I've toyed with the idea of making a fairly substantial NuChemzPatch™ for a whiles- and derrivative opiates should definitely be a part of a larger pharmacopia, but on it's own as a gimmick "hey look it kills you really easilly" one-off chem, it makes me uncomfortable.
This sounds good to me, I'd be willing to patch it, but I'd leave it up to the coders to come up with the recipe

I would want to know certain statistics about it like exactly what it will do to you
Well, as a possible alternative to this, perhaps Fentanyl (or better yet, some other drug due to the real life connotations) as a secret chem (or just difficult-to-acquire-chem) could have the following properties:
  • Makes you entirely unable to feel pain
  • You are unable to see your health, even with a health implant (somehow, don't ask, game balance reasons)
  • You are entirely immune to stuns
  • You move at full speed regardless of health and temperature, and being in combat
  • Your body essentially stops trying to fix itself. As in, bleeding doesn't stop (as your body isn't clotting the wound), blood doesn't regenerate (as your body isn't making new blood cells), your OXY damage doesn't recover (as your body is not trying to distribute more oxygen), and any genes that recover health stop working (as the body isn't using those genes to fix itself). After all, it's such a powerful pain killer that your body doesn't even know that something is wrong.
  • Is highly addictive
  • Medicines only restore half the health they normally do, as your body isn't properly metabolizing them to actually use them
  • COULD have a low metabolism rate, so that it stays in your system for longer
  • Could have very nasty withdrawal symptoms, such as stuns and vomiting and collapsing
  • Overdose is EXTREMELY dangerous as the threshold could be low (maybe as low as 15u), and causes massive TOX and brain damage as well as fainting, among other nasty reactions

While there are a lot of drawbacks to this proposed chem, the total immunity to stuns and speed debuffs caused by injury/temperature are absolutely useful. However, the limitations exist to serve as something for players to work around in their strategies, as they must be cautious of the injury and overdose and addiction risk.
That proposed function is absolutely RADICAL
hey kids! fight till your arms fall off and you drop dead with your last punch

Suggestions on naming, because of the sensitivity, name it after some completely mundane and absolutely pedestrian painkiller, like
Space Anacin
Space Rub A535.
Space Pediatric "Tylenall"
Double Opium
Freebase Lunar Aircraft Glue
How about Morphine+? Oh and here's a couple things I just thought of:
  • You shouldn't fall unconscious while in crit until you reach a certain amount of brain damage
  • You also should be immune to falling into shock
2Morph2Phine
(01-29-2019, 09:47 AM)aft2001 Wrote: How about Morphine+?

I sure hope not. These are much more drastic effects than morphine's, and tacking on a plus to morphine fails to really encompass this fact.

Personally, I'm fond of zombie or some variant thereof. Perhaps it's much too serious, and perhaps it sounds too related to rotting and similar, but that's what these effects make me think of. Zombies. You don't rest. You don't sleep. You feel no pain, and you keep on fighting and fighting, even when you're losing limbs. You're not really alive; your body's basically shut down, but you're still animate. Obviously, the full speed is the exact opposite of classic zombies' slow gait, but everything else fits so well.

Besides that, I thought of plenty of other things . It first reminded me of near-death experiences--if only there were something that rolls off the tongue better than NDE. I thought of catatonia and stupor for a while and other words of slowness, but none of them have really latched on.
we have a fake-death chem already, capulettium, perhaps this could be related somehow?
trebulettium
A chem that basically prevents death provided you don't gib and it's in your system sounds like a pretty neat idea, yeah. I think that both of these concepts could work! Perhaps two variants that have these effects. Though, I think that the zombification-type chem should be one of the harder chems to make, since you essentially become immortal and immune to stuns so long as you don't gib or run out of the serum (at which point you enter crit and start dying before gibbing).

The chem would have a low depletion rate and have ingredients that are difficult to find and work with, such as Rotting.

But this new chem would need its own separate thread, as it's only tangentially related to this suggestion.