Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Atmos got fucked up by building in space.
Since I was the one who inadvertently seemed to have caused this I though I'd describe how the atmos fuck up started. The symptoms of the bug was constant moving as atmos was shuffeling, temperature dropped to insane numbers (Temperature: -217958°C) as well as the pressure dropping to thousands of negatives. The effect seemed to spread slowly from the point of origin at the building site.

So first time it showed up I was trying to build a normal bridge where the airbridge is at Cogmap 1. I had completed it and then the captain closed the airbridge, destroying the flooring. After this stuff started to get pulled towards and shuffeling around the airbridge. This effect then spread to at least genetics and I assume as far north too. I assumed that this was caused by the airbridge closing and destroying the flooring, but then it happened again with no airbridge involved.

The second time (the next round) I was trying to build at the bridge between QM and mechanics on Cogmap 2. I used the atmospheric forcefield on both sides to stop the hallways from depressurizing and took it down only after I had floored the open area. Despite this the hallways got depressurized and cold as fuck (That temp reading was from here) with the air shuffling things around, again spreading out from the point of building. This round I was able to confirm this too, the further away you went from the start the warmer it got, but it was slowly spreading when I check back later. No other breaches in the hull were present in either case.

No ideas on what could have caused this, I've built in the same spots many times before and without the atmos forcefields without any trouble.
this is the same bug as the heating atmos shuttle bug but in the other direction i presume
(01-20-2019, 04:43 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: this is the same bug as the heating atmos shuttle bug but in the other direction i presume

Seems like there is a galactic battle between hot and cold then, we're all doomed as they spread.
It's wierd that BYOND just kind of naturally evolved its own False Vacuum Decay but also terrifying.
Not sure I'd categorise this as Major since the workaround is simple (don't build rooms over airbridges).
(01-21-2019, 10:28 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: It's wierd that BYOND just kind of naturally evolved its own False Vacuum Decay but also terrifying.
Not sure I'd categorise this as Major since the workaround is simple (don't build rooms over airbridges).
See, that's what I thought too, but if you read it again you'll note that there was no airbridge (the kind you can activate) involved in the second instance which means it isn't connected to that. So that would imply that it happens even with just simply building in space or maybe even repressurizing which is pretty major.
I like the false vacuum decay theory though, would be some Dwarf Fortress-tier emergent bugginess.