Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intercoms
  • you used to be able to speak through intercoms just by using ":i" and not having to deal with the intercom popup window, please bring that back frown
  • there are some intercoms that are completely unreachable, like the supply intercom in QM or in the Engineering Lobby (both blocked by desks)
  • maybe tint some of the specific use intercoms to make them stand out, useful when there's multiple intercoms in the same area
  • please make intercom transmissions look different enough from regular headset chatter and people might actually use them. maybe a slightly darker green & a different font
mozi Wrote:
  • please make intercom transmissions look different enough from regular headset chatter and people might actually use them. maybe a slightly darker green & a different font

Am I the only person who looks at the little thing next to the message that tells you whether it's a headset, intercom, or station-bounced radio/borg?

These are all good suggestions though.
The Mining Outpost lacks an intercom.

How am I supposed to know that the Quartermasters are melting down over late shipments?
mozi Wrote:
  • you used to be able to speak through intercoms just by using ":i" and not having to deal with the intercom popup window
:in
mozi Wrote:[*]please make intercom transmissions look different enough from regular headset chatter and people might actually use them. maybe a slightly darker green & a different font

This please. I'm on Wine so I don't get icons for the chatbox.
Christ this actually works in Wine?

also: have it so intercoms that go by default to Medical Headsets or the like actually show up in their respective colours
Weavel Wrote:Christ this actually works in Wine?

also: have it so intercoms that go by default to Medical Headsets or the like actually show up in their respective colours
the intercom and headset frequencies are different
Yeah, for some reason the little headset/intercom/station-bounced-radio icons don't show up in chat running under wine. I've played around with it for ages, trying different dolls, but have never gotten them to show up.
Dolls = dlls