Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Oshan Water Temperature
Have it vary round to round - typically nice like it is now but sometimes hot, sometimes cold, sometimes murderously so.
eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh
Dying because you attempt to escape in the ocean from bad things because the game doesn't like you today seems kinda dickish.
Yeah, I dunno about this. I think it sounds like the intent to make the oshan feel more dangerous?

I think it would be better so that if you wear a diving suit then you should be safer from that danger. And that wouldn't work so well for random temperature changes.

A more constant danger like space might work I think. Like the pressure of the water on the osham floor doing a constand brute/tox damage.
Just add a traitor item to the miners arsenal when on Oshan, You'd be able to heat up the ocean or cool it down over a few minutes while it makes a rumbling noise and clearly is noticeable while turned on.
If you are fully suited up you'd be fine despite a hot or cold ocean. This is just to make it a bit riskier to run away into the ocean using your emergency oxygen supply and underwear.
There could be heat coming from vents that cause occasional spurts of hot water, or currents that carry waves of cold
Something that can be reasonably figured out is fine.
Losing because you overlooked a detail, weren't prepared for the preparable, or simply didn't know how to prevent something is significantly better than dying because you rolled a natural 1.
The outside of Oshan does definitely need to be more dangerous than losing too much oxygen and harder to survive than bringing an oxygen tank and nothing else.
Angry sharks

Or sea yetis
I like this idea, it's a gamble. You never know if the ocean is going to be ice cold or boiling hot, so you better watchout before you go running into it.
Aw. I rather like running around the outside of Oshan with nothing but a floatie and some salbutamol.

I'll agree that Oshan is a bit weird. It gives off a 'The Abyss' feel, but doesn't adhere to the expectations. Given how constant leaks are I don't really want the water to be too dangerous. One of the nice things about Oshan is that it changes the game dynamics. Dangerous water just makes the ocean a laggy version of space.
I guess I said this before in this thread, but I'll reiterate with some changes.

The oshan just needs to be more dangerous passively like how space is. I don't think making it very hot or cold would do much in terms of adding more fun to it, not to mention the fact that diving suits don't protect from heat as much as they do from cold. I don't see how having the oshan randomly be boiling some times, and be as cold as it is now on others would be more fun than how it is now. All it means is you have a chance to get burnt to death when you don't expect it.

I think some slight damage over time when not dressed properly would be less offensive and make it slightly more dangerous. And if we want it to be even more dangerous/unique, the pressure on the oshan floor maybe could have a chance of giving you a diving related "disease" or have effects on you like make your vision shift or go spotty for a time.

https://www.khaolakexplorer.com/similan-...ba-diving/
Perhaps ocean currents that push people around if you aren't wearing magboots or a diving suit? Especially dangerous around holes where water tends to flow down, so a light current would be drawing you into nearby holes.

I also think that there should probably be some negative to swimming out unprotected. Perhaps if you aren't wearing eye protection then you'll either be blinded or, if you open your eyes, then you'll take eye damage over time. Also, water pressure could cause brute damage over time (nowhere near as much as when you're in the trench of course) if you aren't wearing any protective suits.

If these are added, though, for the love of god remove that fucking tripping effect that slows you down while walking underwater, at least when you're walking or have flippers on.