Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Eating Food with Prions in it doesn’t give Kuru anymore
Rainbow 
With the new digestion system, even food that has more than enough prions will never give kuru, because the reagent amount never passes the threshold. 

Source: Fluorish ate a cake with an entire poison bottle of prions put into it.
Wow, that's an odd one. I mean its not technically a bug because its a bunch of small intended changes working together but I don't think this was an intended outcome of those changes. Maybe we can change digestion a bit to increase the rate chems are absorbed? Maybe getting sick shouldn't require a set number of units in you but something like "experience 25 tick-units of a disease chem without it leaving your blood". Those numbers can be tweaked to match up with original disease amounts. Maybe something else entirely!
I like the duration concept. It seems more faithful to real exposure than instant infection anyways. Plus it might give someone a chance to throw up

I can think of a few things to look out for, if the depletion rate is faster than the digestion rate, there might be breaks in the presence of the reagent.
Slow metabolism gets hit worse
This is definitely related to whiteshrooms not killing, and cake icing not properly applying reagents.
(01-11-2019, 10:34 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Maybe getting sick shouldn't require a set number of units in you but something like "experience 25 tick-units of a disease chem without it leaving your blood". Those numbers can be tweaked to match up with original disease amounts. Maybe something else entirely!

That would make my FF-iced chicken nugget cake work, probably
Bumping this because it makes foods poisoned with threshold-reagents completely worthless
i slightly increased the digestion rate of food reagents from 0.7u per tick to 0.9u per tick. This is a complete guess stab-in-the-dark type number change, let me know if its still not working and we'll increase digestion again