Mentor application: Berrik
Rainbow 
Usual Character Name: Lev Flauros more recently. In previous years, BALD BULL/BOLD BULL
BYOND Username: Berrik
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available: I can't give exact hours since my sleep schedule tends to be a bit loopy, but I am generally around a lot of the day and/or evening during CST, and sometimes all night.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing this off and on since the days of Exadvstation when the original crew was all fumbling around trying to figure out how to put on our shoes without hitting ourselves with them. I've done just about everything there is to do on the station at one time or another, and while people have suggested I apply for mentor in the past, I've generally held off since our population has been pretty stable for some time. That is clearly not the case anymore, and we have quite a few genuine newbies now thanks to the sethtide, both to SS13 and to Goonstation. 

I've found myself helping out more than a few genuine newbies ingame in recent days, and it's kind of a satisfying thing to see the lightbulb blink on when someone's learned something new about the game! There are far, far, far too many people running around without the first clue how to get dressed, how to eat and heal themselves, how to play antag roles, how to be security, what to do when they are being griefed, how to mix chems, how to fix the station... Many, many preventable spaceman deaths have been happening. Heck, many people don't even seem to know we have a wiki, much less where to go to get information on it! This is an undesireable state of affairs, to say the least. 

I've been trying to generally be more chill since my most recent unban a few months ago, and I think it's been more or less working out; I've been mostly restraining myself from my previous career of edgy ow and medium grade shittery. I'd like to continue becoming more of a productive member of space-society and less of a white noise goonstation player. 

Goonstation right now is being overwhelmed by a flood of newbies. Some have gotten banned, but a lot are sticking around, and they need help! There just are not enough mentors and admins to do the job right now, so I feel us older, more experienced spacemen should help out where we can.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Aside from one in ancient tymes that got cleared because it was BS, there was one last year wherein I was caught red handed throwing someone into the crusher for no good reason, and a previous one about a year before that which was initiated because of star wars spoilers, but was really my own long term career of low level spaceman grif catching up to me.

Forgot to add that while my hours are weird, I'm on discord pretty much all the time.
I'd add, very helpful space man
yes & I'd love to see you as an HoS as well
I logged back in for the first time in about a month just so I could write this.

In my opinion, Berrik is unfit to be a mentor.

Their attitude and demeanor is almost diametrically opposed to that befitting a mentor. In nearly every interaction I have had with them, they have been overly smug, unnecessarily acerbic, flippantly dismissive, or otherwise toxic in some way.

Consider this an extremely firm "no" from me.
I wasn't going to post at all, but I think it's worth my saying that in the past, in game, Bald/Bold Bull has not demonstrated mentor qualities, and if anything demonstrated qualities that would be counter-indicative. Additionally, on the forums, where I seem to see more of you, you seem to post more about what is wrong with the game or situations than offering constructive or positive feedback.

With that said, you yourself identified a bit of this on your own, which is super cool, so not a hard no from me. I just haven't seen enough of the constructive side of you to say yes.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying that im going to abstain.

Also, I havent seen you in game in months (mostly due to my own lack of time) so my information regarding in game behaviour may be out of date.
(03-29-2019, 07:37 AM)Recusor Wrote: I wasn't going to post at all, but I think it's worth my saying that in the past, in game, Bald/Bold Bull has not demonstrated mentor qualities, and if anything demonstrated qualities that would be counter-indicative. Additionally, on the forums, where I seem to see more of you, you seem to post more about what is wrong with the game or situations than offering constructive or positive feedback.

With that said, you yourself identified a bit of this on your own, which is super cool, so not a hard no from me. I just haven't seen enough of the constructive side of you to say yes.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying that im going to abstain.

Also, I havent seen you in game in months (mostly due to my own lack of time) so my information regarding in game behaviour may be out of date.

yeah i feel the same as this. you have been improving id say but id still want more time before you get mentor'd, so its a no from me. id say if you apply again in a bit and i havent seen bad things since then, ill say yes
I haven't seen Lev Flauros do anything that would disqualify him in my book. I vote yes
i havent interacted with you a whole whole ton ic, but you seem to still be kinda rude/abrasive when i interact with you on the discord sometimes. i think you need a little bit of work on that aspect of being a bit more personable and kind when people don't agree with you, and less quick to put down/shoot down/derogate from other people on the discord before you're a mentor. you're pretty smart and know a lot tho, just need to work on being a bit more helpful/kinder.
This application has been denied due to lack of positive support. You are welcome to apply again in the future.