Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make vampires not show up in pictures
See title.
Please God No. It's been suggested and denied before because it would lead to people running around snapping a shot of -everyone- and vampires having no chance. No no no no no. No.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Please God No. It's been suggested and denied before because it would lead to people running around snapping a shot of -everyone- and vampires having no chance. No no no no no. No.

Well to be fair, there aren't that many cameras. And on top of that, there is only ten photos you can take with each camera.

So it's not that bad considering there is a blood test you can do with changlings that people don't run around doing every round.
Klayboxx Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Please God No. It's been suggested and denied before because it would lead to people running around snapping a shot of -everyone- and vampires having no chance. No no no no no. No.

Well to be fair, there aren't that many cameras. And on top of that, there is only ten photos you can take with each camera.

So it's not that bad considering there is a blood test you can do with changlings that people don't run around doing every round.
Blood testing requires them to stand still long enough, which is silly unless you seriously think they're a threat. There's one camera that can take 50 or 60, something like that, which is way more than a normal round's crew.
The detective and captain start with cameras, and they're the most likely to run around snapping pictures to find the vampire. Bad idea.
Bloodtests only require blood, which can be spilled in a bunch of ways. The idea that changelings have to stand around while you test them is silly.

I really don't think people would run around taking pictures of everyone all the time. And if you're a vampire, maybe you should prioritize your killing and/or stick to the shadows if that does start happening. It might have been a problem before vampires got buffed, but there's no reason they couldn't handle this now.
1) vampires are extremely rare. Doing this would almost never pay off
2) byond being byond, you'd be more likely to assume a fluke if not done intentionally
3) doing this in a round where there isn't a confirmed vampire "just in case"would be metagaming, therefore punishable
4) it's more likely to be used for the fun and benefit of the vampire
5) stop being so negative on everyone's suggestions. Lighten up and stop being such a party pooper
It would be metagaming if they did it without a vampire being called out, but if somebody shouts out "Oh god vampire" they could easily run around doing it without it being metagaming, and would still screw over the vampire. As for being negative on everyone's suggestions, I'm really not, but I don't tend to comment on them unless I think it's a bad idea.
i find this to be a dumb idea for the same reason. no one ever tests changeling blood off of the floor. in fact, when i see tests happen, it's almost always 'could you please come to medbay so we can take a sample of your blood'. and then someone gets stung and spat at etc.

snapping a picture of someone and instantly knowing they're a vampire just doesn't match the level of inconvenience that doing a blood test does. also, vampires are significantly weaker than changelings to start out(though i hear this is mitigated somewhat now idk?), so being outed really early would suck.
I really don't think it'd affect the game as much as you guys seem to think it will. It's just something cute for vampires to play with.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I really don't think it'd affect the game as much as you guys seem to think it will. It's just something cute for vampires to play with.
This, half the time people miss with their pictures anyway.

Besides, if someone went up to security with a blank photo, it wouldn't look any different than if he just took a picture of the floor and wanted to blame someone.
enforcer9 Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I really don't think it'd affect the game as much as you guys seem to think it will. It's just something cute for vampires to play with.

Besides, if someone went up to security with a blank photo, it wouldn't look any different than if he just took a picture of the floor and wanted to blame someone.

examine lets you see whats in it
maybe if vampires bypassed that as well? so people could always be in doubt.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:
enforcer9 Wrote:

that was my intent. If there was a picture of Blud Sukka on a blank floor, and he was a vampire, it'd just be as if he was never there. "This is a picture of a floor" or whatever it says.

How would you tell if a vampire was in a picture if he's invisible? It'd make no sense to be able to examine him in the frame
have just his clothes show up and no name
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
LinkDaWolf Wrote:
enforcer9 Wrote:This, half the time people miss with their pictures anyway.

that was my intent. If there was a picture of Blud Sukka on a blank floor, and he was a vampire, it'd just be as if he was never there. "This is a picture of a floor" or whatever it says.

How would you tell if a vampire was in a picture if he's invisible? It'd make no sense to be able to examine him in the frame
You people are forgetting that the people with cameras are mainly the detective and the captain. They don't -have- to go to security and say "this guy is a vampire" if they know he is. They just handle it, even if that's not really how the detective is supposed to do things.
Except, again, it's just not likely to happen. If features were decided on "the worst case scenario you can possibly come up with," nothing would happen in this game.