Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phone Improvements
General idea thread. Here are mine:

Make microphone components able to listen into both sides of phone conversations if standing atop one.
Allow some form of wiretapping for us nerds - especially if lets us mess with it via mechcomp or DWAINE as a microphone component does.
being able to vape through the phone offers another possibility:

Calls should continually remove funds from your bank account while connected, and the calls should drop out fairly frequently.
PARTY LINE! And call waiting. Or something. Let Mechanics fuck with phones, they WOULD anyway.

1.  Payphones in public areas
  2. Answering machines for leaving a message
  3. 80's style mobile phones for VIP's like the Captain or HoS
  4. Being able to snip a line with wire cutters, and repair them with wire
  5. NPC Telemarketers
heres an idea - gunshots or explosions that can be heard through the phone line? maybe with colours to make it harder to fake with plain text? *BANG* *BOOM*
@Frank you can already snip the dang line!

Guns through phones is not happening. Nobody would answer phones if thats a risk!
Yeah let's please avoid reasons NOT to use the phone

Actual content: Ability to hide your phone from the phonebook, so you can make calls out but none can come in and vice-versa
I think Recursor was meaning that you could hear the gunshots through the line, not get shot through the phone
Speaker phone would be nice, having the handset act like a microphone when not in hand.
While streaming a viewer mentioned using the phones as modems. I want this if only to hear the modem startup sound.
Faxmachines for sending documents across phone lines
Give the AI a phone line and an AI verb to take/make calls
let us fart into phones
(12-27-2018, 03:19 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: I think Recursor was meaning that you could hear the gunshots through the line, not get shot through the phone

yush <3