Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Enthrall not working sometimes?
This is (probably) entirely separate from the bug that doesn't let you thrall the AI.

I was a vamp, there was a ling going around eating people. I cut a brain out of a husk to borg it and thrall it, but when I tried to enthrall the borg it said "(whatever their name was) is not susceptible to being enthralled!". Later I tried to thrall the ling but got the same message. It worked fine on regular humans. It not working on lings may or may not be a feature but it's for sure supposed to work on cyborgs, it's advertised when you unlock enthrall, and I know that I have enthralled a borg before. This only happened one shift so I dunno if it's repeatable or not.
Assuming the Ling enthrall thing is intentional, is it possible the borg was originally a ling?
If memory serves, you cannot enthrall a traitor either for the same reason as trying to enthrall a ling
Eibel is right. It sounded right to me so I had a check to put this to bed.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...all.dm#L44

When you cast enthrall it checks to see if the target is a traitor and a silicon. I'm fairly sure that silicons can be enthralled now, but I haven't heard anything about allowing traitors to be enthralled.
(12-18-2018, 07:44 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Eibel is right. It sounded right to me so I had a check to put this to bed.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...all.dm#L44

When you cast enthrall it checks to see if the target is a traitor and a silicon. I'm fairly sure that silicons can be enthralled now, but I haven't heard anything about allowing traitors to be enthralled.

I think that instance is checking for syndicate borgs rather than just borgs? The text for enthralling borgs is just under that bit you linked so it looks like thralling silicons was a thing in the 2016 release. Maybe the borg was a traitor or something, I'm not sure. It for sure wasn't a syndicate borg though. You're supposed to be able to thrall borgs now for sure, I've done it a couple times and this is the only instance it didn't work. So maybe antagonist minds in borgs can't be enthralled despite no longer being an antagonist?
i thik we fixed that my dude?