Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove the pod locks on clarion/destiny.
Having all the space travel devices being off-limits kind of sucks.

e: Yeah, to expand, I understand why the pod locks are there on 1 (to encourage players to stay on station so they interact more), and I'm pretty sure them being there on 2 is probably just an unintended consequence of the map rotation system. If there's any way to remove them on 2 while keeping them on 1 that's probably optimal.
If there is a way to set it so that G1 still retains the pod locks, while G2 loses them, I would agree.

I don't know if it is or not so that's my two cents.
I wholeheartedly agree, podlocks on 2 are non-fun imo.
In my opinion, restrictions breed creativity.
Differences between say the cogs and clarion like that are very good to me.
Changes up a bit your foreplanning and improvisation.
I never quite liked the fact that on the cogs somebody being pursued can just easily hop in a pod and screw off indefinitely, never to be found. At least make em work ahead a bit if they plan to make a getaway, at least on some maps.
Said differences being good is why, despite me liking pod locks on Clarion/Destiny, I wouldn't like every map to have them.
Maybe make pod locks have the same hacking as chests, with the failure instead causing the pod's "car" alarm to blare
(12-17-2018, 01:59 PM)CandleCandleCandles Wrote: In my opinion, restrictions breed creativity.

This isn't a restriction though, it's just an inconvenience.
It's trivially easy to break into a pod given a couple of minutes.
(12-17-2018, 02:07 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Maybe make pod locks have the same hacking as chests, with the failure instead causing the pod's "car" alarm to blare

I like the idea of an alarm that goes off. Maybe door wire hacking could be something you could do as a way to hotwire the engine
Maybe remove locks and replace them with a pod keys that let you drive it, requiring hotwiring to get working
(12-17-2018, 02:51 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 01:59 PM)CandleCandleCandles Wrote: In my opinion, restrictions breed creativity.

This isn't a restriction though, it's just an inconvenience.
It's trivially easy to break into a pod given a couple of minutes.

It taking those minutes, even if it is easy, puts some pressure on decision making and changes foreplanning and thinking on your feet. Inconveniences restrict.
I would say "But it's not fun" but I have no way of checking to make sure this is an accurate statement due to poor circumstances (As is evident by my pfp). I would appreciate if someone were to add on to this.
Just give the captain/sec their own locked pods and everyone else gets one with a non-activated lock they can set themselves bam