Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the ElecTek vendors like the botany ones
It sure would be a lot smoother if we could select the amount we wanted then clicked on the item to dispense however many of it. Currently you have to wait about 2 seconds in between each click or the item will not dispense.
YES
I'm not sure if electronics is SUPPOSED to be fast or anything. The reason certain things take so many parts to build is probably because mass-producing them shouldn't be easy. If we want to make it fast though, then why not streamline it even further?

Have a window that lists all the parts, and next to the names, there could be a column of something like this:

Capacitor <- 0 ->
Screen <- 0 ->

Or maybe just use a text box where you type in the amount you want. (although that seems kind of inconsistent with many of the interfaces the machines currently use)

EIther way, change all of the numbers to the amount you need, and press the VEND button on the bottom.

Maybe it could take some time to process the parts depending on how many you are trying to vend at once. That way, we could balance it to take the same amount of time as manually clicking all of the parts, but without all of the hassle.
This was an idea a while ago in the electronics thread. It had a lot of positive discussion and wasn't implemented then. I think there's even a delay on the deployment of parts to slow it down EVEN MORE. Maybe if this was all streamlined you'd see more creative electrician/mechanic traitors.
It was a good idea then and it's a good now.
After the botany changes and mining pod Electrician/Mechanic is the one job that still feels purely like pulling teeth to me, and the fucking ElekTeks are a good part of why. Mechanics as-is could be replaced entirely by a parts vendor in Medical that spits out parts to make another cloning setup, because that's basically the only non-grief thing they're good for. Anything relating to power or the engine is controlled with an iron grip by the Engineers, 95% of machines never need to have more built because there's more than enough to cover for the occasional bomb, pods are open season to every department, and just about the only things worth making are genetics equipment, stolen thermals/lasers/flashes, the crusher, and monkey dispensers (which are then used to drown the station in monkeys).

When I'm a traitor mechanic I try to be a dick by placing monkey dispensers in incredibly inconvenient spots, hiding crushers in cloaking fields, and...that's about it. When I'm a normal mechanic, I either reinforce electronics into my personal impenetrable fortress, or kill myself with a toolbox.
Either completely re-engineer it, or not at all. That's my opinion on the matter. I like the way it is right now. I would enjoy seeing something different. I don't want any half-assed solutions.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I would like something different but I don't know what. But I'm going to shit all over this idea anyway.
Marquesas Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I would like something different but I don't know what. But I'm going to shit all over this idea anyway.
How am I shitting all over this idea. I didn't even state my opinion on this idea, and I don't have one.

why're you bein' so antagonistic?
I think electronics could use a revamp, like genetics has now.

Electronics is seldom used for it's intended purpose, and too time consuming.

Anything that makes it easier in it's current state is a plus, if not a whole revamp to make it more fun.