Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make sleepy pens adjustable doseage
Clicking on sleepy pen gives a HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO INJECT question, you type the amount, can be anywhere from 0-100 Clicking someone with a 0 pen does nothing at all, as if it was empty.
yes i agree it would be cool to just instantly kill a guy by injecting a full dose.
Swedish Horror Wrote:yes i agree it would be cool to just instantly kill a guy by injecting a full dose.
wouldn't instantly kill but it would make it where he would be UNABLE TO WAKE UP, EVER. sleepy pens should also be easier to fill.
wabash1 Wrote:
Swedish Horror Wrote:yes i agree it would be cool to just instantly kill a guy by injecting a full dose.
wouldn't instantly kill but it would make it where he would be UNABLE TO WAKE UP, EVER. sleepy pens should also be easier to fill.

Well, you can fill it with other stuff. So fill it with cyanide and instantly kill a dude is what I was talking about.
Swedish Horror Wrote:
wabash1 Wrote:

Well, you can fill it with other stuff. So fill it with cyanide and instantly kill a dude is what I was talking about.
Still won't instantly kill him, it still acts in the same time it normally did if it was 10 units.
I wish you could add more than 10 units a time into a sleepy pen
If you click a container with a sleepypen it should auto-fill with everything from that container
If you know enough chemistry sleepypens are so ridiculously good for a 4 telecrystal purchase that making them better might literally blow the servers up IRL

Also it's two clicks to dump a full pen into someone, if you're in the position for one subtle dose you can sure as hell pull off two.
Daeren Wrote:If you know enough chemistry sleepypens are so ridiculously good for a 4 telecrystal purchase that making them better might literally blow the servers up IRL

Also it's two clicks to dump a full pen into someone, if you're in the position for one subtle dose you can sure as hell pull off two.
sometimes I only want to inject 1 unit, though. See: Stable Mutagen and some random guy's blood.
there is a chemical you can inject into people that, at the current sleepypen dosage level, causes them to instantly gib

Basically this objection is dumb
Dauntasa Wrote:
there is a chemical you can inject into people that, at the current sleepypen dosage level, causes them to instantly gib

Basically this objection is dumb

What objection? I actually did mean it would be cool. I wasn't being sarcastic, though it's probably hard not to sound sarcastic typing in lowercase letters.
I dunno why people keep thinking of dumping the entire pen into the victim. The way I see it the benefits of such a change would be the ability to inject smaller doses for chemicals you don't need a lot of, so you get more uses out of one filling.
While I'm suprised nobody has said that an emag costs 1 more crystal and would let you emag a hypospray and be more useful besides, I support this idea because pens are for stealth and staticy hyposprays give you away.
I think a sleepypen is far more valuable than an emagged hypospray (which shows who injected whom and what was injected, and even the best knockout drug takes a bit of time to work), and the other uses of the emag are not that useful if you're prepared; particularly if you don't want to alert the station.
Embolism Wrote:I think a sleepypen is far more valuable than an emagged hypospray (which shows who injected whom and what was injected, and even the best knockout drug takes a bit of time to work), and the other uses of the emag are not that useful if you're prepared; particularly if you don't want to alert the station.
Pretty much what I was saying.