Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Soulguard should prevent a wizard from being hiveminded
Just as the title says. I got taken by a changeling as a wizard, and my soulguard never activated. Not sure if this is because it counts as destroying the body, or having hiveminds come in first priority, but I find it a bit odd. Come to think of it I'm not sure what the logic of having it only work if your body isn't destroyed in the first place is. All in all it just seemed like a waste of a spell point when it didn't activate.
Willing to bet money that this is a bug.
I imagine the problem is you probably don't die before being placed into the hivemind, not triggering the spell
(11-20-2018, 09:34 PM)Technature Wrote: Willing to bet money that this is a bug.

Agreed. Part of me wants this to stay so there is a rare counter to soulguard.
(11-20-2018, 09:34 PM)Technature Wrote: Willing to bet money that this is a bug.

Same here.
Sounds like a bug, but do people think that the DNA point should be awarded? Should the ling be allowed to transform into the Wizard or should the absorb be blocked altogether?
(11-21-2018, 07:17 AM)Recusor Wrote: Sounds like a bug, but do people think that the DNA point should be awarded? Should the ling be allowed to transform into the Wizard or should the absorb be blocked altogether?

It should work exactly like a changeling absorption did prior to the hivemind being implemented. DNA points are gained and the ling can transform into the wizard, but the wizard still respawns back at the wiz shuttle
What if the above, but also the new wiz can hear the hivemind
Any wizard man who's petty enough any wizard man is probably gonna want to get revenge on the ling that killed him. Giving him the ability to hear random messages like "I have one in the bar" is just asking for an ambush pretty much everywhere, and the wizard doesn't need help finding specific people.
(11-21-2018, 10:40 AM)Technature Wrote: Any wizard man who's petty enough any wizard man is probably gonna want to get revenge on the ling that killed him. Giving him the ability to hear random messages like "I have one in the bar" is just asking for an ambush pretty much everywhere, and the wizard doesn't need help finding specific people.

This sounds like a problem of lings that aren't careful about eating what are very obviously wizards. I mean, seriously, you gotta be careful about that whole well-rounded diet thing!
This is a bug.
(11-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Erev Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 10:40 AM)Technature Wrote: Any wizard man who's petty enough any wizard man is probably gonna want to get revenge on the ling that killed him. Giving him the ability to hear random messages like "I have one in the bar" is just asking for an ambush pretty much everywhere, and the wizard doesn't need help finding specific people.

This sounds like a problem of lings that aren't careful about eating what are very obviously wizards. I mean, seriously, you gotta be careful about that whole well-rounded diet thing!

Agreed. It's better to either team up with the wizard or avoid him and eat the bodies left behind.
Is wizardry tied to the body or soul? Maybe allow linglimbs operated by the wizling to cast spells, poorly.