New nuke loadouts suggestions/comments
Another kit, this time based off of a risk of rain character:

Enforcer: slow and tanky defensive loadout
  • Spacker-12
  • One-handed version of those new security shields
  • Police baton
  • Helmet is flashproof
  • Spacesuit provides more defense then usual, at the cost of speed
  • Unique radio headset. Can still hear radio chatter but blocks all other sound
  • Flashbang box
My idea for a kit

- Mastermind

A loadout consisting of a box of deception, forced freindship and restraining type gear such as:
A box filled with an implanter, implant gun and (maybe) Deluxe mindslave implants.
A box of handcuffs or zip ties as well as blindfolds pherhaps maybe stright jackets.
Some gear of deception such as a voice changer, DNA scrambler and a chameleon jumpsuit.
And pherhaps some riot type grenades such as a crowd desperasl grenade, smoke grenades or maybe flashbangs.
Ranger: Lightly armored, but slightly faster
  • Rifle - Long range low caliber rifle 2 handed rifle
  • Binoculars - When held in hand, increases the amount of tiles shown on screen similar to pods
  • Stun Mines
  • Rangefinder - Let's you mark a target. While marked, shots fired from the rifle will auto target them and do additional damage. When the rifle has a viable path to hit the marked target, a red laser dot appears on their sprite

The Accountant: The Syndicate version of the clown. They're dressed in a dark business suit with a tie, with glasses and a combover. They carry a briefcase filled with
  • Stack of insurance forms - Be sure to get the team to fill them out before detonating the nuke
  • Calculator -  To add up the cost of the rockets fired
  • Cell Phone - You can't afford a blue tooth headset like the other agents
  • Red Stapler - Maybe you can hit someone with it
  • Sleepy Pen - This isn't your pen. Who did you accidentally swap pens with
I think a fire-based kit could be fun.

Flametrooper
  • Flamethrower: containing a rather potent mix of flammable chems. More portable than the standard flamethrower, able to fit in a backpack. Comes with additional fuel tanks which can be used to reload or thrown for explosions. 
  • Fire axe: Hard-hitting melee weapon with a chance to dismember limbs. Can also destroy firelocks to facilitate fire spread.
  • Flaregun: Just figured they could use a ranged option.
  • Plasma grenades: Fills rooms with plasma after they detonate, similar to plasma spores. Used for area denial.
  • Fire-resistant/immune spacesuit
(11-15-2018, 07:54 PM)SimianC Wrote: I think a fire-based kit could be fun.

Flametrooper
  • Flamethrower: containing a rather potent mix of flammable chems. More portable than the standard flamethrower, able to fit in a backpack. Comes with additional fuel tanks which can be used to reload or thrown for explosions. 
  • Fire axe: Hard-hitting melee weapon with a chance to dismember limbs. Can also destroy firelocks to facilitate fire spread.
  • Flaregun: Just figured they could use a ranged option.
  • Plasma grenades: Fills rooms with plasma after they detonate, similar to plasma spores. Used for area denial.
  • Fire-resistant/immune spacesuit

there is a fire axe in the game already
it is wieldable and acts as a crowbar along with a chopper
maybe the syndicate version acts like a katana too?
i think the flamethrower should also be able to do higher pressure streams, like big long ones
here's a thing i noticed across the board with guns in general

it's reloading

i've been able to load/reload by having said gun in hand and then clicking on the spare ammo, which works best on shotgun, but other guns not so much
personally i've had to do inventory juggling to reload two handed weapons

so what if there was something like a carrying position?
where a gun is held in one hand and not able to be fired; even if you were able to reload just by clicking on the ammo with gun, you'd be left with empty containers still needing to juggle your gun somewhere just to do some management. i feel the current way two handed guns are reloaded is awkward in comparison to one handed guns

my original train of thought was actually about lmg balancing, since reloading could be used as a method of balance like most other games, except we wouldn't need to go into that detail... do we??? but you know, maybe lmg could take 2 seconds to reload and you have to stand still
just experienced the grandness of combat medic
Quote:"why the fuck do i wanna take a medkit when i can just bring a box of syndicate donk pockets"
-me (circa 2018)

are you supposed to exchange your syndi pockets for teammates cyanide pills for your syringe gun??
i get that you're really supposed to support your team but there's not much point trying to bring someone out of crit during nuke round, also consider there's already medkits and atropine in the outpost.

and you know, how many nuke ops take any of it??

the most useful thing is straight up the donk pockets and that's about it
your only offensive is the syringe gun apart from a revolver, compared to any other gear you get, it seems pretty piss
or sure it's supposed to be purely a support loadout but i don't think there's gonna be much healing done with anything other than the donk pockets
only way to change that meta/intended feature is if there was something like donk pockets but in emergency injector form or a different gamemode involving syndies/the gear at a slower pace

so really it's like 12tc for donk pockets and a cool outfit
open a box and it's either chose between delaying an inevitable death or loading that syringe gun with cyanide pills
imo drop the syringe gun for a proper gun, could be a pistol, could be a renammed hunting rifle to like marksman rifle and two spare mags
(11-19-2018, 01:46 AM)drymelon Wrote: here's a thing i noticed across the board with guns in general

it's reloading

i've been able to load/reload by having said gun in hand and then clicking on the spare ammo, which works best on shotgun, but other guns not so much
personally i've had to do inventory juggling to reload two handed weapons

so what if there was something like a carrying position?
where a gun is held in one hand and not able to be fired; even if you were able to reload just by clicking on the ammo with gun, you'd be left with empty containers still needing to juggle your gun somewhere just to do some management. i feel the current way two handed guns are reloaded is awkward in comparison to one handed guns

my original train of thought was actually about lmg balancing, since reloading could be used as a method of balance like most other games, except we wouldn't need to go into that detail... do we??? but you know, maybe lmg could take 2 seconds to reload and you have to stand still

You should be able to directly load a gun by clicking on the ammo with the gun in hand

I think the only guns that need you to use the ammo on the gun are power cell stuff like eguns and tasers
Many weapons allow you to either click on the ammo or drag and drop from the ammo to the gun.
Another loadout idea:
Rail Sniper
Armed with an extremely powerful but slow railgun, low ammo and weak backup weapons. Make every shot count.
Railgun: Two handed. Needs both power and ammo to fire, holding 4 rounds at once and with a 400-unit self charging cell, takes 100 units of power to fire. Fires hitscan shots that inflict 80 damage evenly split between burn and brute, while also inflicting a stun, knockback, projectile embedding, and a small chance of tearing off a limb. Using in hand deploys the scope. Unscoped shots have reduced accuracy. Using the scope gives the weapon perfect accuracy and zooms out the camera, allowing you to see further, but you cannot move while scoped.
Ammo dufflebag: Capacity of 13, rather than the usual 7. Holds 12 railgun rounds and a box with your backup weapons.
9mm pistol: Like the one infiltrators use, but you only get one. No dual wielding for you! Comes with 4 spare magazines.
Combat knife: Also the same as the infiltrator one. Gotta go fast!
Reviving this thread with another class idea:

Chemical Terrorist: a class focused on poisoning as many people as possible. Be careful not to hit your teammates, idiot.
  • Syndicate Biosuit: a menacing black and red biosuit, spaceproof and minimally armored. Protects from pretty much every chemical in the game, even ones that normally penetrate biosuits.
  • Chemical Dagger: a modified syndicate dagger with an internal reserve of 100 units of a chemical of your choice, dealing a decent amount of damage, injecting 10 units with every stab, and coming pre-loading with curare. Using it in-hand will eject any chemicals inside in the form of a pill, allowing you to forcefeed it to a stunned victim. Can be thrown for a stun like a normal dagger, and comes with an especially cruel security measure to stop anyone from stealing it: if a non-nukeop picks up the dagger, it will immediately inject them with everything inside of it.
  • Pouch of 100-unit beakers of random poison bottle chems, designed to be used with the dagger but can be dumped on someone in a pinch. Depending on RNG what you get can either be extremely lethal or hilariously useless.
  • An empty beaker, for mixing around your chems.
  • Pouch of chemical smoke grenades, 3 sarin grenades, 3 neurotoxin grenades, and a single initropidril grenade. Be careful where you throw it, you may be immune, but your teammates are not(unless you all decided to get this crate, in which case what the fuck is wrong with you people?).
  • x2 .357 Spiderbite Speedloaders: Two speedloaders full of special revolver ammo. These rounds deal low damage(about the same as the .22), but ignore armor and inject 10 units of venom with each shot.
A brawler-type class that only used melee and maybe drugs would be cool.

give them syndicate knuckle dusters and syndicate boxing shorts/boots/helmet
Wannabe - I mean, sure, maybe you technically weren't actually picked for this mission, maybe your suit is just a regular space suit with some junk stuck to it to make it look "tactical", and maybe your gear is just a bunch of random junk you found lying around syndicate HQ, but you've got pluck, damn it, and that's all you really need, right?

Maybe only available on Ass Day and/or April 1st.
(08-26-2019, 02:50 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Reviving this thread with another class idea:

Chemical Terrorist: a class focused on poisoning as many people as possible. Be careful not to hit your teammates, idiot.
  • Syndicate Biosuit: a menacing black and red biosuit, spaceproof and minimally armored. Protects from pretty much every chemical in the game, even ones that normally penetrate biosuits.
  • Chemical Dagger: a modified syndicate dagger with an internal reserve of 100 units of a chemical of your choice, dealing a decent amount of damage, injecting 10 units with every stab, and coming pre-loading with curare. Using it in-hand will eject any chemicals inside in the form of a pill, allowing you to forcefeed it to a stunned victim. Can be thrown for a stun like a normal dagger, and comes with an especially cruel security measure to stop anyone from stealing it: if a non-nukeop picks up the dagger, it will immediately inject them with everything inside of it.
  • Pouch of 100-unit pills of random poison bottle chems, designed to be used with the dagger but can be forcefed to someone in a pinch. Depending on RNG what you get can either be extremely lethal or hilariously useless.
  • Pouch of chemical smoke grenades, 3 sarin grenades, 3 neurotoxin grenades, and a single initropidril grenade. Be careful where you throw it, you may be immune, but your teammates are not(unless you all decided to get this crate, in which case what the fuck is wrong with you people?).
  • x2 .357 Spiderbite Speedloaders: Two speedloaders full of special revolver ammo. These rounds deal low damage(about the same as the .22), but ignore armor and inject 10 units of venom with each shot.

This is honestly a very nice suggestion, and this class seems to focus heavily on area denial and debilitating crew. Perhaps the Chem Nukie should also have some bioweapons, such as disease capsules for infecting the crew (but hopefully not your fellow nukies).

I like it!

Syndicate Clown

Class premise: To harass, infuriate, and distract the crew, rather than kill them or sabotage the station. Absolutely not designed for stealth whatsoever.

Possible features:
  • Syndicate Clown suit which comes with 3 pieces that cannot be removed - shoes, suit, and mask
  • Nearly impossible to catch/stun/stop
  • EXTREMELY loud and purposefully obnoxious/distracting
  • Non-lethal tools to distract/hamper crew efforts (EMP grenades, amplified vuvuzela, sound synthesizer, etc.)
  • Banana Peel Launcher - Launches banana peels, but lubes them to make them function like harmlube
  • Lube grenades - foams and spreads harmlube in a large radius
  • Funny-looking needle - Comes with 15u of painbow fluid, allowing you to cluwne 3 people
  • Box of assorted grenade mousetraps - For pulling funny pranks! Random grenades pre-installed (and permanently attached) on mousetraps (unarmed, thankfully)
  • Funny-looking emag - for all your emagging needs! Makes a loud distorted honking noise on each use
  • Pocket-Announcer - Allows you to make station-wide announcements with a 30 second cooldown, from the convenience of your own pocket!
I'm mostly just spitballing ideas but I personally enjoy the concept of a loud, obvious, and very annoying Nukeop class that can't do much in the way of directly killing the crew or blowing things up. Being encouraged to pull potentially lethal pranks and traps, alongside making as much noise as possible, just sounds fun!
Suggestions for Infiltrator:

One of two things; either a disguise-oriented op, or a change to the Cloaker to make it last the entire lifespan of the round without being bullshit. 

Also, just as a general change, I feel like infiltrators should spawn with a sleepypen instead of pinching the free access one on the shuttle every single time.

Re: Cloaker, change it from 5 charges that don't recharge to 3 or 5 charges which recharge every minute. I think this would severely diminish the bullshit factor of unlimited use cloakers, where you can just fire and become invisible, but still allow for the alpha strike single-target attack role infiltrators are good for. This would also allow the infiltrator to continue being useful past the initial stage of the round where otherwise they might have already burned most/all of their cloaker.

As a disguise-oriented class I feel like the infiltrator should, instead of a cloaker, get a chameleon jumpsuit and DNA scrambler, as well as a special agent card which automatically 1. Changes its name to your displayed name/lets you change its name multiple times and 2. Attempts to match the job it displays to your current jumpsuit/chameleon jumpsuit selection. I feel like this would be a good cloaker alternative because you'd always be visible, making you far less untouchable in combat, but you'd also be able to very easily escape from situations and change your ID. Maybe this should also include a hat which changes appearance randomly?