Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New nuke loadouts suggestions/comments
Infiltrator was fine the way it was pretty much. A better way to nerf it would be to remove any and all armor from their suit, so that they become glass cannons. People just arn't used to dealing with cloaks.
Nah. The Nerf for the infiltrator was mostly fine, at least on the cloaker front. I played nukeop three times and every time I picked this class and wiped the floor. Your only enemy was the HoS and Detective, but it's very very rare that they'd be wearing thermals. Not many think to use the flash AoE function before it's too late.

I would give them a chameleon projector though to compensate for this. The initial setting on it should be that of a plant. This might synergize well with the Marksman class. And at least then it's hiding function is retained.
What is the express role of the infiltrator?

A role designed explicitly to pick off individual high-importance targets? Stealing necessary equipment like an RCD or the reset card? Sabotage, like rogue'ing the AI or putting down a power sink?

Perhaps the Infiltrator should be removed but replaced with a new kit - not a loadout kit, but a Infiltration Kit. This would cost, say, 4 TC, which allows for the operative to take other handy equipment for what they intend to do. The kit would come with most or all of the stealth/misdirection items on the Syndicate Items page on the wiki, including the holographic disguiser and an agent card that can change its name several times. Does NOT come with any weapons or an EMAG.
The Marksman rifle should send people flying and knock them down.
Bumping this thread with a rather stupid idea.

The Experiment - HULK SMASH

It comes with a single injector that gives
-Reinforced Musculature Enhancement
-Reinforced Physically Fit
-Reinforced Gamma Ray Exposure
-Reinforced Thermal Resistance
-Reinforced SMES Human
-Reinforced Hemopoiesis Overdrive
-Stabilized Anaerobic Metabolism
-Stabilized Regeneration
-Stabilized Toxic Resistance
-Empowered (or Energized) Adrenaline Rush
-Reinforced Tourettes
-Reinforced Frontal Gyrus Alteration Type-BT
-Reinforced Frontal Gyrus Alteration Type-X
-Reinforced Diminished Optic Nerves
-Reinforced High-Pressure Larynx
-Reinforced Electromagnetic Field
-Reinforced Tinnitus
-An injector mask preloaded with mannitol
-Alternately, a new mutation that gives you significant brain damage but also locks your brain damage at that value.

-And for good measure it makes you a failed clone that convulses violently like a cluwne.  Even if they cut out your implant you still explode, albeit harmlessly.

Clocks in at 80 Stability, which isn't bad.
Bumping the thread with an idea of my own.
Currently all the class kits involve ranged weapons and the only way you want to play as a melee nukie is buying either the katana or csaber at the cost of 7 TC,leaving you only 5 TC left.
I'm suggesting a class kit made entirely for melee combat
Introducing the class kit Swordsman!
The name of the class says it all and people would expect on what it contains inside.

The kit contains:
the newest of its kind,the cyalume katana! You are equipped with the lastest of cyalume technology,a prototype cyalume katana that has the properties of both a regular katana and a c-saber. The katana is custom designed for the Syndicate for extra appeal and fear. Due to being merely a prototype,the cyalume katna has an unremovable slow rechargable 150 PU battery,each swing takes away 50 PU per hit,meaning you can hit only 3 times while the cyalume technology is active before it turns into a regular katana,you can however toggle the power switch to save energy,reccomended to take one swing and turn it off and start slicing those limbs! Another catch is that this weapon requires two hands to wield it and you cannot store it in a backpack,needing a special sheath that comes with the package to store it. The katana only recharges while being stored in the sheath. Due to being a two handed weapon,others will have a hard time to just disarm slap your katana away. It's special attack is a swing that can reach an additional tile away and if it hits anyone,it has a 60% chance to delimb a random part of their body (excluding the head) and stun them with 30 brute,this attack takes 100 PU per hit,meaning you can only do it once per a fight.

For your vest/exo slot you get Syndicate Karuta armour,inspired by samurai armour,this will protect you against melee damage significantly however the drawbacks are that this serves ZERO protection against penetration (meaning you can get easily killed by bullets) and through strange magic or whatever,while you are wearing this armour,you somehow are very terrible in using guns,meaning that shooting at people will most likely not hit them even at point blank,better give your revolver and the ammo to someone else.
along with the armour you gain the Syndicate Kabuto helmet and the Syndicate Menpo mask,the mask has a visor installed to protect you from flashes however it cannot be used as an internals subsitute. The Kabuto helmet gives you the same melee ressistance like the regular syndicate combat helmet but while you are wearing the helmet,you cannot wear anything in your eyewear slot.
The clothing set only gives the full melee protection if all pieces are on,if you are only wearing the armour,you will have the same melee ressistance as a regular bulletproof vest,but once you equip both the mask and helmet you gain full protection and the debuff dissapears. The drawbacks of this clothing set is,once you equip it on,you cannot take it off. (fight to the death with honor ya know) The only exception to this is the mask in case you need internals. This clothing set does not count as spacewear either so don't stay in space for too long.

This class kit would bring a change in the battlefield in close quarters,you would be exceptionally powerful against anyone trying to disarm you or take you out with a fire extinguisher.
However you are helpless against tasers,zip guns,phasers/eguns and the det's revolver if they ever come against you. This class isnt meant to fight them but to fight anyone trying to get closer to the objective with only a flash and baton or a power hammer.
(11-15-2018, 08:50 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 07:54 PM)SimianC Wrote: I think a fire-based kit could be fun.

Flametrooper
  • Flamethrower: containing a rather potent mix of flammable chems. More portable than the standard flamethrower, able to fit in a backpack. Comes with additional fuel tanks which can be used to reload or thrown for explosions.
  • Fire axe: Hard-hitting melee weapon with a chance to dismember limbs. Can also destroy firelocks to facilitate fire spread.
  • Flaregun: Just figured they could use a ranged option.
  • Plasma grenades: Fills rooms with plasma after they detonate, similar to plasma spores. Used for area denial.
  • Fire-resistant/immune spacesuit

there is a fire axe in the game already
it is wieldable and acts as a crowbar along with a chopper
maybe the syndicate version acts like a katana too?
i think the flamethrower should also be able to do higher pressure streams, like big long ones

I tried firebrand and wasn't super impressed. I believe the fireaxe doesn't do anything special to doors, and the flame thrower seemed pretty normal. I get the feeling that it's a nerd trap/joke. It could use a buff?
The fireaxe deals a huge amount of damage to doors, it takes them down in a few hits. Flamer's just a normal flamer loaded with napalm.
Oh. Maybe I was using it wrong or that was an old memory. Please disregard that portion at least.
doom guy loadout

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=12732 double barrel shotgun
green armour and helmet
red chainsaw that spawns shotgun ammo when you hit someone a bunch
glory kill ability that refills health on the user
Hypnotist Class Loadout:

-5 Hypnotist Wands (1 use mindslaves that take like 20 seconds to use and only lasts for like 20 min)
-Hypnotist Glasses (Must wear for wands to work)
-Tranq Rifle
-Syndicate Armor and Headgear
1. Just a small addition as it seemed to garner a positive reaction on the OOC:

For the infiltrator class: give them a signal jammer. To explain, the infiltrators class seems to be centered around branching off the main team and getting the nuke disk off the captain and/or taking out high priority targets such as security when they least expect it.

The signal jammer would work great around this, but it also completely deafens the infiltrator to the comms of his own team, so it'd be wise to only turn it on when you strike. It's also functionally useless (more so a hindrance even) if the infiltrator is near his own team, so the jammer would have beneficial but niche uses.

tl;dr: The signal jammer is a balanced addition to the infiltrator.

2. This is less of an addition and more of a query, but where are the nuke disk pinpointers on the syndicate outpost? This kind of rolls in with the infiltrator class, as I wanted to recover the nuke disk off the captain but realized that all the nuke disk pinpointers were replaced with the nuke bomb pinpointers. Maybe an oversight, or maybe I didn't actually see it, but this really needs to go back on the syndicate outpost as it's kind of limiting the tactics of the nukies.
The nuke disk pinpointers are in the locker with the military PDA on the syndie shuttle. Also I think there are some on the lower table? Ive only played as syndie once since the new syndie shuttle so my memory might be shakey
Just sharing incase anyone has opinions on this.

Currently working on a Melee based class. Main weapon causes knock back and can swap between a ranged stab special attack and a swipe. Thinking about giving them a variant of the sec Barrier and a suit of heavily protective armour that blocks them from being pushed.
Knuckleduster or tiger claws for glove slot. Gosh this comes up in suggestions a lot (primarily by myself) but by god is a melee class not complete without pointy fists.

This will give them increased damage should they be disarmed.

The heavy protective armor could be barbed, un-removable, blocks them from being pushed, cold resistant BUT slows them down like the heavy armory armor. The barbing causes minor retaliation (bleed) damage for anyone dumb enough to:
A) Punch or disarm with an open hand
B) Push against the player
C) Attempt to remove an item
D) Attempt to cuff them

Their barrier could also be barbed, causing bleed damage to anyone being pushed back by its attack.

Give them a "Faraday Belt". This belt sacrifices room for stun resistance. It shouldn't work like chemicals (this would make the class OP as they'd be riding high for a while), instead visibly jolting them and resetting their stun damage back to zero (but not removing dazed status effect, leaving them weak). It should, similar to the infiltrator, work only 3-4 times before breaking.

So basically they're a big lumbering cactus, aimed to defend a specific spot rather than attack. They're weak to fire damage, slipping and don't have much room to deviate due to their belt slot being sacrificed.