Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Please let us leave the hivemind
Currently there is an option to leave the hive mind, but it only works if the host is inactive, otherwise you need to ask if you want to leave. Because hosts may be occupied or ignore you, intentionally or not, I would prefer to see this changed so that you can voluntarily leave whenever you want.
Seeing as this could potentially leave the 'ling without players to take over limbcritters, it might end up joshin' their round pretty hard.
Maybe let hiveminds swap spots with a willing ghost ?
As much as I love giving people choice, you're potentially screwing the ling out of a hard earned potential minion.

Gotta say no on this one.
(11-11-2018, 01:21 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Seeing as this could potentially leave the 'ling without players to take over limbcritters, it might end up joshin' their round pretty hard.
Maybe let hiveminds swap spots with a willing ghost ?

That sounds very abuseable.
Maybe have it be a timer based system? After 10 minutes you're free to leave or something. I lost what was my only game of the day because I was stung early and couldn't leave the hive mind to do ghost drone stuff, so it's enormously frustrating to be prevented from being able to do stuff that I would have been able to do had I died any other way. Essentially this potentially punishes changeling victims into not being able to do anything at all with their round, which is what stuff like ghost drones and ghost critters were introduced to prevent. To let certain players be able to do this because they "earned" it seems entirely wrongheaded to me.
If they're willing to wait to be a ling-critter then they're not going to leave. A hivemember that doesn't want to be there is just going to quit, anyways. I don't really see a problem with allowing the disinterested to leave. On the flipside, I don't really see a round-relevant problem to leaving it how it is.

What I'd like is if ling-critter abilities gave a popup to the chosen so lings wouldn't waste their cooldowns on someone who has tabbed out or is busy.
(11-11-2018, 01:29 PM)Technature Wrote: As much as I love giving people choice, you're potentially screwing the ling out of a hard earned potential minion.

Hey, they lose a minion if the person is unwilling to participate. Does not matter if they are allowed to leave the hindmind or not. We should have the choice to stay or leave. Because as I pointed out you can’t force them to help the ling you can only force them to stay. 9 times out of 10 I just sit around bored cause I dont want to help the ling or when I try I die in one hit. It’s not really worth the effort in my opinion. I say yes to this. No one on this server should be forced to play something they have no interest in.
(11-11-2018, 05:15 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: 9 times out of 10 I just sit around bored cause I dont want to help the ling or when I try I die in one hit.

git gud

I guess that's a fair point.  I guess my mind on this is changed then.
(11-11-2018, 01:29 PM)Technature Wrote: As much as I love giving people choice, you're potentially screwing the ling out of a hard earned potential minion.

Anyone who's looking to leave the ling isn't going to be that good a minion.
I feel like spiders oughta have an NPC version for when people don't stick around in the hivemind.
I never, ever like playing with the hivemind, as I'd rather be dead. Always. Heck, my own personal opinion of changelings have plummeted ever since death to one has become a prison sentence in its own right!

If there's anything that would help to remedy this, a trait of some sort would be nice.
If a trait's the way to go, then the Ling should get a message saying they don't have a new potential minion.

Could be as simple as "That one tasted particularly dumb. Not even bothering assimilating it in."
hivemind to me is twitch plays is to schizophrenia

commands work between 40 to 60% of the time and fuck up even basic inputs by the 6th command

the worst is when its low pop and you're stuck in some asshole who wants to "win" and be stealthy so doesn't limbspider anyone in hivemind
I personally don't understand the hate for hiveminds.

You're dead. Being in a hivemind is more agency than you'd get otherwise unless someone decides to revive you.
How about this:

A player can leave the hivemind, but it gives the changeling DNA bonus points