Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical Wormhole function on vehicles can break for no apparent reason.
Occasionally, the wormhole function on any class of submarine will break, leaving the driver without any means to port around.
I had this issue on launch - but I believe it was due to lag

in my case almost 10 minutes later I found myself suddenly warped to the beacon
I've had this same issue in pods when my lag's severe; weirdly, you can switch vehicles and it'll work for the new one but still be broken in the old one, if I remember correctly.
I had this happen to me and I'm pretty sure it's because I painted my sub with a paint can.

That, or it was because I tried warping on the race track (which uses shuttle tiles) and still got denied.

Also, the wormhole doesn't make any message when this happens when you try to use it on normally-usable turf, while invalid turfs will give the same message.
Reviving this thread to say this does still in fact happen. I don't think it was lag; for once, my connection was fine when this happened. It's definitely not because of a paint can; my minisub wasn't painted at all.

I was in a racetrack in the Trench. I tried to warp out, but because I was over some turf grass, it got grumpy and told me it couldn't generate a portal. When I moved onto the shuttle bay plating, which I'm pretty sure should allow beacons, clicking Create wormhole didn't do anything at all! Nor did the similar command in the Ship tab. All the other buttons were fine.