Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Finish the nuclear engine and add it to Oshan
anything rivaling TEG output needs to have TEG levels of danger and downside.

"i want super mega nerd engine what makes zero dangers" is not a multiplayer game
(11-09-2018, 07:01 AM)Recusor Wrote: To be honest my main concern with engineering comes down to how effective my powergloves will be on a station. Unfortunately in my experience most engines outside of a TEG hellburn cant instagib the way I love so much.

I think most people would see not being able to insta-gib people as an upside, not a downside
My favorite part of the TEG is flooding the station with quadrillion degree hellgas. Then instagibbing anyone left.
Engines should be based around the concept of Work*Risk=Power. The TEG should be the measuring post, as it's what everything is balanced around.

Oshan's engine is out of line and could be rebalanced. An easy startup (maybe one, inter-round static hotspot) where each additional hotspot raises power exponentially but causes ever increasing danger. Hot water. Explosions. Lava. Angry fish people. Etc.

but yeah the nuclear engine getting finished would be neat if not funny: "Now, from the same people who brought you geothermal generators, space travel, thermoelectric generators that get hotter than the big bang and interdimensional travel, we at Nanotrasen present to you the newest revolutionary tec: THE NUCLEAR ENGINE!!"