Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
blob is way too vulnerable to chems
Basically even basic radium chemsmoke (which takes less than 30 seconds to mix up) will obliterate a huge area of the blob and also furthermore deny that entire area to the blob, forever. 

On a related note reinforcing blob tiles either is too weak or currently does nothing, as chemsmoke destroys multiple steel reinforced tiles effortlessly. Likewise some jerk with a welder was able to destroy a reinforced tile augmented with steel just as easily as if it was a normal blob tile.
Maybe just allow the blob to spec into chem resistant tiles too?
The Radium smoke trick is insanely game breaking. With 2 beakers and 20 seconds at a chem dispenser you can create a blob killer on demand without the need for heat or waiting.

I tried it once and it was game over for the blob the moment it activated.

I don't think being ABLE to speck INTO chem Resistance is enough when it comes to the rad smoke. Anyone can make this smoke bomb within minutes, so a blob spending 5 minutes on getting rad smoke resistance would not be enough, when these are so easily spam-able.

IMO there needs to be a complete nerf of radium smoke vs blob, as it feels less like a balance issue and more of a well known exploit.
Blob in general needs a major rework as it's barely been touched in years.
I've got a couple ideas. One would simply be a chem immunity upgrade which is kinda dull.

The second idea would be having the blob absorb the radioactive elements - taking the initial damage but the remaining tiles start emmiting radioactivity that the blob is immune to. The more radioactive stuff you hit the blob with, the more radioactive it becomes - both in strength and radioactove radius.
Was easily able to hold off a wireblob once with a radium smoke thrower that took me like 5 minutes to make. Blob definitely needs more resistance to chems
The fact that I can believe that speaks volumes about how bad it is.
Received a "God damn take it Xeram" once after assailing a wireblob in full force's nucleus with over 20 radium smoke chembombs + combined arms.

Surprised it wasn't immediately nerfed then. It needs to be. I literally just set a group for the chems and they could pop out a backpacks worth of screen wide blob murder in under a minute.
idea - blob has a liver cell it can make that can filter out up to a certain amount of regeant. means more would need to be applied to kill it with the same chemicals?
I like the idea of xenobiotic metabolism through special cells. It's very blobby. Maybe even some upgrade from that could direct said poison to a chem reserve cell for turret use or something.

On that note blob seem can't seem to strike a middle ground. Ever.
I really don't think the blob's already congested need for upgrade points should be made even worse.
That could be remedied in a number of ways. A large bit of blob-fun is evolving and adapting, so more of it wouldn't hurt. Two methods I can think of right off the bat:

1) Increase evo point gain but decrease upgrade potency. Far easier said than done, especially with non-passive abilities.
3) Allow blobs to respec by devouring nuclei or if they're smaller than x number of tiles. They may or may not be able to grow another nuclei by growing y number of tiles