Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Traitor Departments
Basically, a gamemode wherein 1 department has all of its round-start members being traitors. Each traitor knows about this, and they have some big goal to work towards that they need to cooperate on to do.

There'd probably be minimum requirements, such as x amount of people on the department for y goal, or even to be eligible for department-wide traitor (so engineering's sole occupant isn't tasked with hotwiring and hellburning the engine and electrogibbing 15 people).

Literally just thought of this, so I don't wanna devil's advocate myself so I'm gonna throw this idea out here.
I like the idea a lot, but I don't know if it needs to be its own game mode per se. I think it could definitely fit well into mixed/secret.

Reminds me of a round from a few months ago I played as CE. I was a miscreant with an objective to do something like hoard something or sell it back to the station. Anyway the thing I decided to hoard was electricity and I got the rest of the department on board with my plan with some sort of populist nonsense so we cut the solars wires in space/smes, and removed the engineering/engine wires from the station powernet so only APC's in Engineering, QM, and Mining would charge autocratically and we announced over the radio that we would only give the station power in exchange for cash money.

If we were all traitors and knew we were in it together like Intrigue mode it could be good. I think part of the reason why Intrigue mode isn't on goon2 is because it's too much organization among antags. But if you all start in the same department, and you have a "T" overlay like how sunglasses used to let traitors recognize other traitors then there isn't as much of an issue.
Fantastic idea 5 stars. would be really interesting.