Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to implants
1st idea: 
Tweak implant removal procedures. Instead of the standard option being using a scalpel to pry out an implant, you'd use an empty implant injector to pull the implant out. The old method would still be possible, but with a very low chance of successfully completing it if you weren't the person that injected it.

2nd Idea:
Take into account limb targeting in the injecting and removal of implants. A player can hold 6 implants, one in each limb, the torso, and head.

3rd Idea:
Build off of this to implement new implants. Inject speed implants in the arms to make them perform tasks faster, or in the legs to increase movement speed. Stick muscle stimulant implants in the head to shorten stuns or in the chest to help negate heart and lung problems
(10-31-2018, 07:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: 2nd Idea:
Take into account limb targeting in the injecting and removal of implants. A player can hold 6 implants, one in each limb, the torso, and head.

This would make mindslaving people rough. You could get spotted trying to slave someone but failing because they already have an implant in the spot you targeted. Also people would for sure load up every slot with implants to make themselves immune to being slaved. 

I like the idea of changing the surgery for implants, as it would allow people to do other surgical things without having to cut health implants out or whatever and would decrease all the chance of someone "whoopsie" cutting out a microbomb or mindslave when they didn't expect to.
(10-31-2018, 07:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: 1st idea: 
Tweak implant removal procedures. Instead of the standard option being using a scalpel to pry out an implant, you'd use an empty implant injector to pull the implant out. The old method would still be possible, but with a very low chance of successfully completing it if you weren't the person that injected it.

2nd Idea:

3rd Idea:
Build off of this to implement new implants. Inject speed implants in the arms to make them perform tasks faster, or in the legs to increase movement speed. Stick muscle stimulant implants in the head to shorten stuns or in the chest to help negate heart and lung problems

I like the idea of the implanter being able to remove, but there should be a delay involved, not just instant click, in my opinion.

Having body part implants and buff implants sounds cool, but in my mind robotics already can replace limbs, so maybe a little bit redundant? unless these implants could somehow work with robotic limbs as well, since outside of treads robotic limbs dont have any inherent benefits right? I would suggest though that microbombs always go in the head. The wiki talks about microbombs in syndicate skulls so might make sense.
I figure, implants would be like the lite version of cyborg implants. They trade off being less intrusive to receive for being less reliable.

Maybe they could have a resource requirement that's replenished by buying a special soft drink from vending machines.
Gotta get me some Neuropozyne - http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Neuropozyne
Some Jerk randomly implants you with toggle-able yellow-tinted shades.

I love the idea of implants, but they should only be the most minor of improvements and/or require research to unlock. Research could literally be just letting x-minutes tick down, with maybe a capitalism-ho button for the impatient and rich.