Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Teeth
I think adding 32 extra body parts to every spaceman would bring the server to it's knees in short order.
Valid point, but perhaps just doing occassional checks wouldnt be too intensive? Random rolls regarding the brute damage/hits to the face and just having to check when/if someone has a certain amount of teeth. I wonder if it might be easier to remove individual identifiers from teeth so instead of:

Jhon Warcrimes's Left Lower Central Incisor flies off in a bloody arc!

It could just be:

A Left Lower Central Incisor flies off in a bloody arc!

Really not sure what is and isnt server intensive though
Even just putting "Jhon Warcrimes's tooth flies out in a bloody arc!" Might help if specifics are too much

I'm more partial to specifics being general myself, 'molar', 'fang', 'canine', 'incisor' for the best of both worlds
Yeah I'm fairly cognizant that doing 32 unique tooth objects is an absolute nightmare for just about everything, but you gotta admit it's the goonest way to goon it.

It should absolutely be treated like crates and other spawn-as-needed things though. Rather than create 32 teeth per individual at spawn and tracking them, your head-damage proc would instead create a new tooth(), which would randomly assign itself one of the 32 possible assignations, fly away, and then add a corresponding "Player's missing X Y Z tooth" inside the spessman's container, a new organ that waits for a corresponding tooth replacement & then deletes itself.

In the absolute worst case of all teeth knocked out, you have 32 teeth and 32 organs to track, but in almost all other cases including the default healthy state, you have nothing to track. You could also place a ceiling to how many teeth you can lose to brute damage to avoid spamming rooms full of every kind of tooth.

alternatively make every tooth Jhon Warcrimes's tooth. every. tooth.
Collect all 32 of someone else's teeth for an achievement!
Add wire to make a trophy necklace and then you can keep adding up to a max?
(10-30-2018, 09:03 AM)locusts Wrote: Collect all 32 of someone else's teeth for an achievement!

End the round with 32 teeth from 32 different people for an ULTRA achievement

e: also introduce job-of-the-day "dentist". Resprite/rename of barber, same quarters, old-timey goodness.
traitor dentists can have an unlimited number of teeth in their mouths
(10-30-2018, 09:32 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 09:03 AM)locusts Wrote: Collect all 32 of someone else's teeth for an achievement!

e: also introduce job-of-the-day "dentist". Resprite/rename of barber, same quarters, old-timey goodness.

So traitors have INFINITE teeth or just the specific job?
Clearly the syndicate injects their operatives with space shark DNA so that they can regrow their teeth.
(10-30-2018, 01:26 PM)MeWaka Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 09:32 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

So traitors have INFINITE teeth or just the specific job?
Nah traitor dentists start with 32, but they can add teeth to their mouths even if they're not missing any. 
A traitor dentist should aspire to finish the round with all the crew's teeth
(10-30-2018, 07:39 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Yeah I'm fairly cognizant that doing 32 unique tooth objects is an absolute nightmare for just about everything, but you gotta admit it's the goonest way to goon it.

It should absolutely be treated like crates and other spawn-as-needed things though. Rather than create 32 teeth per individual at spawn and tracking them, your head-damage proc would instead create a new tooth(), which would randomly assign itself one of the 32 possible assignations, fly away, and then add a corresponding "Player's missing X Y Z tooth" inside the spessman's container, a new organ that waits for a corresponding tooth replacement & then deletes itself.

In the absolute worst case of all teeth knocked out, you have 32 teeth and 32 organs to track, but in almost all other cases including the default healthy state, you have nothing to track. You could also place a ceiling to how many teeth you can lose to brute damage to avoid spamming rooms full of every kind of tooth.

alternatively make every tooth Jhon Warcrimes's tooth. every. tooth.

i like the idea that the teeth are just. teeth, probably
and that tooth implants/replacements can go in any given slot

imagine a microbomb tooth implant, now imagine 32 of them
don't bite down too hard!!
Megajaw implant. Makes you talk like a god damn idiot but lets you carry (but not use) a large sized item in your mouth.
I love this idea. It could also bring in new RP stories.

An addition to this would be in the character creation that you could pick missing teeth or add in a gold tooth as a trait.

And how about a new way of attacking! BITE ATTACK. Replace all your teeth with knives for a massive attack.

Teeth Traits:
Strong Chompers: Less likely to break teeth on hard food.
Rotten Mouth: Bad breath effect and also weak teeth that break or fall out.
id write more but im hungry now. oh boi better go use my teeth
Molar [Image: omaCyc4.png][Image: 9wi5izS.png]
Incisor [Image: Ktz4BAl.png][Image: akvD17Y.png]
Vampire fang [Image: zPmgpdE.png][Image: CWdqXgb.png]

Some sprites and bloody variants
Vampires should be able to shoot the teeth they collect at someone dealing 2-4 magic damage and adding an extra tooth per shot every level and suck continually their blood at a distance.