Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trivial AI Eye can plant seeds
The AI Eye is capable of planting seeds into adjacent hydroponic trays by clicking and dragging, it is also able to transfer chemicals using the same method.
Does this work for other click drags as well?

For example, locker stuffing
(10-30-2018, 06:48 AM)Sov Wrote: Does this work for other click drags as well?

For example, locker stuffing

it definitely used to and I believe locker stuffing was specifically patched out. 
last time i checked though, various other questionable interactions still work when the eye is directly adjacent to a machine or object.
e: note to self to re-check :
- canisters
- manual valves
- deep fryer
Locker stuffing was patched out, and I can confirm that the AI Eye can interact with cannisters.

I've also found that the AI Eye can eject people from the port-a-medbay and cloner scanner. It's difficult to determine whether or not some of these interactions are intended or not, as I frequently eject people from the cloner scanner to let them know they've been scanned.
(10-30-2018, 12:58 PM)SimianC Wrote: I've also found that the AI Eye can eject people from the port-a-medbay and  cloner scanner. It's difficult to determine whether or not some of these interactions are intended or not, as I frequently eject people from the cloner scanner to let them know they've been scanned.

*Not checking to see your health heart was replaced with a tiny heart, a flame, air bubbles, and the letter O and number 2 and letting yourself out*
*scream

On topic, it would make sense considering the scanner is part of the machine.  Could just justify insta jettison as skipping the boring part of getting yourself out of a tube.  Detail is cool, but we don't need to go that far.

This isn't Red Dead 2 after all.

Should definitely not be able to interact with canisters though.  I was able to kill a vampire by flooding the room he was trapped in with plasma and shorting out the lights and we both agreed it was kinda bullshit.
(10-30-2018, 08:47 PM)Technature Wrote: Should definitely not be able to interact with canisters though. I was able to kill a vampire by flooding the room he was trapped in with plasma and shorting out the lights and we both agreed it was kinda bullshit.

Should I bring up the spectre of fueltank bombs? using PDAs to summon for sparks/overloading lights to set off? I feel like its one of the few useful tools outside of shocking doors that a rogue AI has though.
(10-31-2018, 03:25 AM)Recusor Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 08:47 PM)Technature Wrote: Should definitely not be able to interact with canisters though.  I was able to kill a vampire by flooding the room he was trapped in with plasma and shorting out the lights and we both agreed it was kinda bullshit.

Should I bring up the spectre of fueltank bombs? using PDAs to summon for sparks/overloading lights to set off? I feel like its one of the few useful tools outside of shocking doors that a rogue AI has though.

Personally I feel that blowing fueltanks via overloading lights is mainstay of rogue AI; removing that ability would defang them considerably, particularly in rounds in which they lack a shell. 

I've tested some other interactions with the AI Eye mentioned in the thread.
  • AI Eye can't interact with manual valves, as intended
  • AI Eye can remove objects from the deep fryer
Fueltank bombs make sense, since the AI isn't actually interacting with a fueltank, as does summoning sparks for nasty stuff.

It's the "Interact with the device you really shouldn't have access to without being there in person" thing that canisters have that I personally think needs to be addressed.
AI Eye can drain bathtubs too.
The AI eye is actually affected by Mass Loaders, but the Mass Drivers don't give the AI eye any velocity, so it just moves a tile. Extremely trivial, and even fitting to Goonstation's slapstick silly nature, but still probably a bug that could be fixed nonetheless, if anyone wants to.

It also would appear that wind pushes the AI eye around. One round Toxins exploded and there was a nasty fire, so there was a lot of pressure differential which pushed my AI eye around.
(11-09-2018, 04:39 AM)aft2001 Wrote: It also would appear that wind pushes the AI eye around. One round Toxins exploded and there was a nasty fire, so there was a lot of pressure differential which pushed my AI eye around.
I can confirm this.
AI eye can buckle people into chairs/beds.

It can also tuck people into bed, which is adorable.
(12-11-2018, 06:27 AM)SimianC Wrote: AI eye can buckle people into chairs/beds.

It can also tuck people into bed, which is adorable.

Reminder: tuckable bees need to bee a thing
i fixed most of these