Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add progress bars to tasks that lack them
Problem:
In game there are a few tasks that you can do that show progress bars for their completion. For example, building things like tables and choking someone.

However we also have a handful of tasks that don't - of which I can currently think of two. Deconstructing walls/reinforced walls and repairing APC's. Instead these tasks rely on you standing still waiting until the game gives you the appropriate success text in your chat.

Suggestion: Add progress completion bars to deconstructing walls and fixing APC's

Details:
There should be progress bars for repairing an APC (unrolling cable, tuning the transformer, etc).

and there should be bars for each step of deconstructing a wall (cutting open outer layer, prying it open, cutting out rods etc). This one is also currently has a very minor bug where when using the correct tool it first gives the text that the task begins, then says you uselessly hit the wall with the tool, and then gives the step success message

There's probably other tasks I'm not remembering / aware of. Those tasks should also be given progress bars for the sake of consistency and quality of life
Completely agree. Ive caught myself multiple times standing still with nothing happening while I thought I was interacting or deconstructing walls as an example.
Building terminals lack them as well
pod construction
I think that making a comprehensive list of everything that should have a progress bar would go a long way towards making it a reality. That way whoever tries to do it, doesn't have to go fumbling around looking for them.