Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mechanics gibbers are overpowered.
My complaint is as simple as that really. I was instagibbed via someone throwing a gibber uh... whatever the object you hit with a soldering iron is, under me. They spawned it instantly, killed me equally instantly, as well as three other people that couldn't react in time to there instantly being an insta-kill object in a doorway.

I'm not even mad but that clearly needs to be changed.
Grinders do not gib you until you move off the square and then back into them again. Having one spawned under you won't actually hurt you unless you click it and fail the poke roll. What he did was spawn it under himself and pull you into it, I was watching the whole time.

These arn't OP at all and the grinder is half the reason the syndicate device scanner exists.

also current round >frown
I don't recall being pulled.

Maybe I'm wrong but heck, it felt op so I'm gonna yell about it. Better than sitting on it.

It's a specific situation that I felt was kinda silly and over the top in the usage here. Spawning and pulling still seems overpowerd.
Quote:IRC Channel Rules
These rules are to set up a framework of basic human decency in the IRC channel and NOT to censor speech. Most of the time, if you cross the line you will simply be told to knock it off, and maybe kicked with a note to stop pushing it if you keep going. Bans will be reserved for only the worst cases. Furthermore, these rules apply solely to the #goonstation channel on the synIRC network and the Goonstation Discord. Other channels, Discord servers, or services where ss13 folks hang out are beyond the scope of this ruleset.
  1. NO IC IN OOC. Don't talk about the current round in IRC.
Rules in regards to the Goon chats should be considered in effect here.

Anyways, if you see someone quickly laying something beneath you and you don't know what it is, your best bet is to not stick around and find out.

The gibber relies on you running into it for it to be effective.  So pay attention to your surroundings if you hear the mechanic might be shit.
Didn't see them do anything, the rapid ability to spawn it instantly is what got me.

Sorry, the shuttle was already on the way and I figured eh, I'm sleeping soon so I might as well toss the question out. If it's a non issue, then that's fine it's a non issue. I'd rather draw attention to a non issue than sit on something that's poop without saying anything.
Mechanics can deploy their kits instantly by whacking them with a soldering iron, yes.
(10-20-2018, 01:46 AM)Berrik Wrote: Mechanics can deploy their kits instantly by whacking them with a soldering iron, yes.

I think it would be fair to add a delay to the time it takes to deploy kits, so this tactic wouldn't be as easy to perform without stunning
(10-20-2018, 10:22 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 01:46 AM)Berrik Wrote: Mechanics can deploy their kits instantly by whacking them with a soldering iron, yes.

I think it would be fair to add a delay to the time it takes to deploy kits, so this tactic wouldn't be as easy to perform without stunning

This would make mass production of non-lethal items even more tedious than it already is.
It doesn't have to all items, maybe just items that aren't movable like the cloner, gibber, etc.
Anything that's small and fits in your pack deploys immediately, larger items take... the same amount of time it takes to make a table? Place on ground, use soldering iron, wait table-time.
(10-20-2018, 10:27 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

This would make mass production of non-lethal items even more tedious than it already is.

Oh no, mechanics will have to spend even longer filling the hallway with hacked vending machines!
(10-20-2018, 12:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 10:27 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

Oh no, mechanics will have to spend even longer filling the hallway with hacked vending machines!

Oh no, mechanics will take even longer to mass produce viable weaponry to fight the blob/syndies/etc. with!

I hate mechanics built crusher traps with a burning passion, but I don't think implementing a cooldown on frame deployment is the right solution to the problem.
This sounds like it was absolutely hilarious
Like I said, just make it specific to large items like gibbers and the cloner, etc. Not guns.
(10-20-2018, 01:15 PM)Readster Wrote: This sounds like it was absolutely hilarious

It was.

[Image: unknown.png]

At the end, he jumped into one of his own crushers and exploded, and a short time later the chaplain came rushing up and fell into one completely by accident, getting him a clean sweep.

Aiden Rockwell (played by Evsey9) was a traitor!
They purchased 9 items with their telecrystals!

They purchased: Syndicate Device Analyzer, Microbomb Implant, Microbomb Implant, Microbomb Implant, Microbomb Implant, Microbomb Implant, Microbomb Implant, Microbomb Implant, Microbomb Implant

Objective #1: Kill the Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Medical Director and Research Director. Success
Objective #2: Die a glorious death. Success

Mission accomplished with extreme prejudice.
It's only bad if it happens every round. Just like porting the x and y drone to the station, or making a zombie hoard with immortality, or canbombing, or teletraps, or [gimmick]ing, etc., etc. Anything can be annoying if ran into the ground so people don't tend to do that. They don't want their powermoves taken away and they don't want to be 'that person'.

As for grinders themselves I like 'em. Only time I don't is when they remove all deconstructors.