Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Standing in space causes you to float/spin until you re-orient yourself
I had this idea the other day and mentioned it in discord, but didn't get too much response so I was hoping to get impressions or ideas for it. I'm not really sure if this is feasable, but I wanted to ask before I spent more time on it.

- In space irl, if you slipped or got pushed, you'd probably end up spinning for a little while until you can reorient yourself (if you can at all). I thought it would be more interesting if you slipped in space, that you would spin around (like a slower version of the flip emote) or something until you oriented yourself with either a jetpack, throwing something, or hittingĀ a wall.

- mag boots would orient your sprite so that the feet would touch an adjacent wall if you were standing on a space tile.

- It would be completely cosmetic for the most part.

Thoughts.
seems like a good idea.
I was thinking what direction your sprite was facing when I read the title, but flipping seems to be easier. Both could work and probably make a nice visual. Perhaps the force that flung you into space determined how fast you span, such as an explosion throwing you out into space and causing you to tumble like crazy.
I feel like directional rotation would be tricky, especially since survival can be based on directional farting and/or item throwing in some cases. Though perhaps you could slow down directional rotation with IJKL?
Give it the floaty effect that negative matter gives you. Aka the spooky living object effect.
If mob/turf = space
add reagent glowing fliptonium
20 goto 10
You could also just use the same proc (is that the right term?) that glowing fliptonium uses rather than just putting the reagent in the person.
(10-16-2018, 06:52 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: If mob/turf = space
add reagent glowing fliptonium
20 goto 10

Go into space, take syringe, farm secret chem