Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
CDC outsourcing to SS13
(10-11-2018, 06:40 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 09:09 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Gas mix powered vehicles like pods.
It'd be hilarious if we had those and their speed was relative to the gas temp.

Anyways, I like the original idea and line of thought from it. Toxins is long overdue for legitimate legitimacy.

I feel like pathology could do something similar. Contact the CDC to get a sample of tainted blood. Find a cure for it via pathology equipment, and then sell it back for a profit. The margin increases depending on the danger of the pathogen.

You only need to send one cure syringe back for them to replicate it. You'll also have a time limit, so better hurry!
This would make pathology research much more useful and enjoyable. I would imagine, however, that the pathogen sample should be usually not be anywhere near lethal, and require an MD ID to unlock the crate it's in, just so that no chucklefuck QMs accidentally or purposefully release a gibbing virus onto the station.

But yeah, I'm liking the whole make-obscure-departments-useful thing! Perhaps there should be a master thread for this?
(10-12-2018, 05:17 AM)aft2001 Wrote: This would make pathology research much more useful and enjoyable. I would imagine, however, that the pathogen sample should be usually not be anywhere near lethal, and require an MD ID to unlock the crate it's in, just so that no chucklefuck QMs accidentally or purposefully release a gibbing virus onto the station.

But yeah, I'm liking the whole make-obscure-departments-useful thing! Perhaps there should be a master thread for this?

General medical access (Cap/Hos/HoP(maybe)/MD/Doctor/Geneticist) would make more sense.

That, or the pathogen could be an "inert sample" that has no effect in humans.

Another thought: the profit could be split between the research and cargo budgets.