Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Make cloaks unimplantable
Argh! Being able to implant cloaks into yourself and fart to cloak is really annoying to go up against when thermals are in such supply or rarely scanned between rounds.
For those that don't know, if you surgically implant your cloaking device into your chest, you can activate the cloak whiled stunned by farting. This takes a tool that would be pretty hard to use in combat and makes it just so, so much stronger. You're currently missing out if you DON'T selfsurgery the cloak into yourself, since it's such a massive buff.
Simethicone smoke, problem solved.

Or acid smoke. Solves even more problems.
You know, the cloak has been kinda underpowered lately, since you can no longer stow it while active. Why don't we just tweak the item a bit to make it more user-friendly and balanced at once?

I suggest giving it an activation tab like other devices, and simply add a cool down between activating once deactived?
I have on more than one occasion abused this greatly and it's especially hilarious if you get one as a changeling since you can grab and absorb people while invisible and nobody can see it as long as you stand on the same tile as the body.

So I'm saying yeah fix this immediately it's hilariously broken honestly it might as well be the old-cloak but better since you can toggle your invincibility/sketchiness on demand even if it gets turned off rather than having to struggle to get it out and turn it back on.

Cloak honestly is still very powerful even with it being interrupted since used correctly it guarantees the first hit aka the most important hit in any fight and lets you disengage at will and it's counter is usually completely unguarded/forgotten due to their otherwise uselessness.
(10-19-2018, 04:19 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: You know, the cloak has been kinda underpowered lately, since you can no longer stow it while active.

Just put it in your pocket?
Still works for me.