Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Campaign] ROBUSTING@HOME
With the main component of my style acquired, I go down to botany and ask the botanist if I can have the sunglasses that spawn in there. Regardless of if they agree or not, I also go into the barbershop and grab a razor for self defense.
"Ol' Stabby, my only friend..."
TURN FOUR

Granadillo Graves [1]
You insert a few credits and select your cigarettes. The machine buzzes back- Please Make Another Selection and emits a small puff of smoke, turning dark. That's gonna take some repairs.

Ella Oats [3]
You mosey down to the bar.
Floor: Clean
Sanitation: Adequate
Rowdiness: Nominal
Barman: Displeased
Cig Machine: Smoking
You might need to write this up.

Sam Eagle [5+1], [2], [6]
okay this one goes here- that's the -BANG!! Nasty shock!
cut that wire aaaand-
You've got a hacked fabricator, and a nice flash to boot!

Superlagg [5]
You hurriedly grab your coat and keys and dive headfirst into your mid-90's sedan.
Screeching tires and smoke abound, you begin your headlong drive to the library with only one thing in mind:
I'm going to win this internet fight
ETA at current pace: 4 minutes.

Wiggles Wigglesby [2]
Looking around the bar, things don't look helpful. The Barman can't even operate a cigarette machine, much less help you find a pen and paper. You head toward the earlier shouting and happen upon quite a sight.
Kickflip Brozinski, the Janitor, is standing over Charlie Collins, the Detective, who is currently writing in a pool of vomit that smells oddly chemical.
The Janitor eyes you with malice.
This is less than good.

Alert: Adrian Clarke has signed up as Security Officer.  [4]
You arrive in a pile of shrapnel and oil, carefully stepping around the puddles.
You make your way to the security wing without incident and begin preparing for what is sure to be an eventful shift.
In your bag, you find a baseball bat you don't remember putting there. Not bad.

Selladore Kaine [2]
You toss the seeds into the PlantMaster, but something seems off.
Looks like only the Peanuts and Potato seeds are viable right now, these other ones you'd never heard of before today seem damaged. Might as well try anyway.
Ammonia and Saltpeter are on hand.

Ada O'hara [6]
Your sub zoop doops to the sea diner.
Within moments, the room is filled with the aroma of "Oranges, but in 3D" or something.
(You now have a pitcher full of Triple Citrus)
You feel like you could take on the world, or at least it's beverage needs. Cocktail proficiency increased.

Jack Jackson [2], [6]
You scoot down to botany to try and acquire some sunglasses. Unfortunately, Selladore Kaine seems too busy to notice you at the door. He's mumbling about his nuts.
Onward to the barbershop, you manage to get there just before another greyshirt busts in looking for the razor. Smart-lookin as you are, you're not lettin this one go.
Razor Acquired.
Wiggles Wigglesby (Test Subject)

Oh no, the janitor poisoned the detective! If only there was a doct-... wait, I'm wearing a medical jumpsuit. Fate brought us together.

Immediately latch onto the detective and begin performing CPR. Remove his hat if it seems to be getting in the way.

It's okay, buddy, I got you...

Inventory
  • Worn: medical jumpsuit
  • Back: Backpack
    • anesthetic tank
    • gross saxophone
With Ol' Stabby in my possession, I stash him in my pocket and make my way to security, stopping by that little warehouse area south of cargo to get fingerless gloves. One I reach security, I knock on the door and ask the officer inside if I can get Sechuds because the botanist didn't want to give me his regular sunglasses.
I grab a standard security loadout. Sec toolbelt with taser, baton, flash, and cuffs. I "say ;Hello crew please dont do crime". I head over to see what all this knocking out front is, grabbing a much needed donut on the way.
Sam Eagle

Awesome. Did the shock do any damage I should be aware of? I quickly screwdriver shut the maintenance panel as well. Time to see who needs medical and or robotical attention on the station.
Granadillo Graves: Barman

That's no good, my damn credits got eaten. I give the machine a good bashing to try to knock something out.
Selladore Kaine

Naturally, pop the bottles into the plantmaster and get these peanuts and potato seeds niiiice and excellent. Might as well Plant the others, won't risk infusing them. I plant each seed into a tray, and push the trays around to get them all around the UV Lamp.

As I do so, I also check out my PDA. Change the ringer to... a boop instead of a beep. Should be nice.
Ada lets the botanist know that his triple citrus is ready and prepares to head back to the station.
Ella Oats, Inspector

I mark down the inspection results on the first page of my clipboard and turn towards the barman. "Is this how all the crew treats the equipment?!"
Ella Oats shakes her head in a displeased fashion.

Next up: Botany.
I'm uh, gonna start mopping.
"Sorry guys! Just uh... dealing with a tough mess!"
I flip.
Turn 5

Wiggles Wigglesby [2]  
You begin performing CPR on the detective but he stands up. He doesn't actually seem hurt, other than a bruise on the head, but he's staring forward aimlessly, a glazed-over look on his face. Looks like another defective detective, thanks NT.
(This player has disconnected)
You take off his hat anyway, but it's covered in vomit.
Disgusting hat acquired.

Jack Jackson [4]
You stash your razor and dip into cargo, finding a pair of unbelievably cool gloves lying exactly where you somehow expected them to be.
Outfit bonus acquired: Edgemaster
You continue to sec and give a tap on the window. Nothin personnel, copper... [3+1]

Adrian Clarke [6]
(vs Jack Jackson [3+1])
You check your guidebook bit by bit, and find you're not only fully equipped and loaded, but you're loaded to code. You are the finest in law-for-hire that NT can afford. You nab a donut and head to the front door to check on a visitor.
He asks you for a Sechud. Handbook says that's a bad idea, flash resistant staff assistants don't make for good corporate goons, snazzy as they may be. You resist the pressure.

Granadillo Graves [2] vs Vending Machine [1]  
You're glad you only put 5 credits in, but you're still not giving them up.
You give the Vending Machine a stiff kick, and smash right through the glass! You grab the cigs you wanted, and a lighter, but boy is your leg cut up. The cigarette vendor can now be looted, rolling against a risk of injury.
You are bleeding.

Sam Eagle [5]
You shut the panel and check yourself for injuries. You have a very slight burn, which a passing doctor soothes without question. You chirp over the radio : [135.9] "Anyone need robot bits? I've got all the steel limb goodies!"
The AI [4] say "; fuck" states [135.9] "Might be a good idea to make a few machine translators, Also there's someone bleeding in the bar."

Selladore Kaine [1]
You try to infuse the remaining seeds, but it doesn't seem to work out, and they all wind up damaged.
Cutting your losses, you dispense a fresh batch of seeds (thank god for that vendor) and plant one of each.
UV lamps dragged into place, you wait for grass to grow and set your PDA to a satisfying "Boop".
It Boops immediately.
PDA Message from Rubber Johnson: Hey how's the bofa comin along, they drop any updog?

Ada O'Hara [N/A]
Your sub scoots to the catering bay and comes to a stop. You unload the Triple Citrus for Selladore, and return to your sub, ascending to the planet's surface for a long and needed vacation.
This character is on hiatus by request

Ella Oats [6]
You stare aghast as the Barman kicks his way into the cigarette machine, leaving blood, glass and smoke everywhere. He cheerily grabs a pack of smokes as if nothing happenned.
You question, "... Is this how all the crew treats the equipment?"
He only reaches in again to grab a lighter.
This is going to be your toughest assignment yet.
Leaving the bar, you peer though the adjacent window and see Selladore tending to seedlings in peace.

Kickflip Brozinski [3]
Snapping back to reality, you witness an absolutely revolting sight. The station detective, covered in vomit - a monkey dressed like a doctor giving him mouth-to-mouth, and finally running off with his hat. And that detective aint moving.
... time to mop this mess up?
the maintenance hall is clean.
You flip and stumble over the detective, knocking him out again. Good thing he's braindead.
...to the bar! But first, I'm gonna walk past botamy and ask Selladore if he can score me some DANK KUSH
Say ";Selly, my man! Think you can score me some DANK KUSH?"
Ah well. I go to the spa and grab the tanning sunglasses. Even if they don't block flashes, they still look nice.
I turn on AM radio and turn it to the Political Bullshit station to get myself good and fightin' mad in anticipation of finishing the fight. Also starting said fight.