Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
The change to the Russian Station should be reverted
While it does remove one of the things I liked to do (mix robusty\hellchems and become unstoppable), I think it's for the best. As a wizard, I found it almost too easy to just hide in the spacesuit, mix a load of flacid in peace, and obliterate the station with no risk to my setup.

Chems are hecka deadly, and they should have at least some cost or risk or something to them that make it so that not and old jackass can whip up a glass of nerdicide.
(10-13-2018, 03:12 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 12:49 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 10:17 AM)Readster Wrote: I too think the best way to play this game is to sit in a dark room by myself all round

well, what's wrong with that? taking away player agency+choice for no reason other than personal taste is bad game design imo

I agree. Plus geneticists already do this and they dont get drastic changes some could say chem nerds do too yet they dont get changes. If it’s okay for them to sit in a dark room alone all round then why cant people use the russian station for the same reason.

because they're a protected class, bob. 

anyway it sounds what you experienced was caused by the crew not giving a hoot which is more of a server culture problem. a more dedicated crew would seek and destroy this wizard

before i go to bed id like to present an idea

rather than all this balleyhoo with removing shit, putting walls up, etc why not just make the act of chemistry/botany/bomb making etc difficult when it's done off-station? i imagine there's a lot that could go wrong with trying to use an old soviet chem dispenser from who knows when that hasn't been maintenenced in forever. the same could be said of growing plants outside of the perfect climate controlled dome the botanists on the station are afforded.
(10-13-2018, 04:13 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: before i go to bed id like to present an idea

rather than all this balleyhoo with removing shit, putting walls up, etc why not just make the act of chemistry/botany/bomb making etc difficult when it's done off-station? i imagine there's a lot that could go wrong with trying to use an old soviet chem dispenser from who knows when that hasn't been maintenenced in forever. the same could be said of growing plants outside of the perfect climate controlled dome the botanists on the station are afforded.

I like it. All the buttons are in randomized Space Russian and what it dispenses a few different things than a good old fashioned Made In Spacemerica chemdispenser.

On the upside, those random chems could be something more interesting than those base chems.
(10-13-2018, 07:30 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 04:13 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: before i go to bed id like to present an idea

I like it. All the buttons are in randomized Space Russian and what it dispenses a few different things than a good old fashioned Made In Spacemerica chemdispenser.

On the upside, those random chems could be something more interesting than those base chems.

Wow bingo
(10-13-2018, 08:14 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 07:30 PM)Superlagg Wrote:

Wow bingo

Stick some torn pages of a poorly translated manual to help make guesses of what's what spread around the z-level
(10-13-2018, 04:13 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 03:12 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 10:17 AM)Readster Wrote: I too think the best way to play this game is to sit in a dark room by myself all round

well, what's wrong with that? taking away player agency+choice for no reason other than personal taste is bad game design imo

I agree. Plus geneticists already do this and they dont get drastic changes some could say chem nerds do too yet they dont get changes. If it’s okay for them to sit in a dark room alone all round then why cant people use the russian station for the same reason.

because they're a protected class, bob. 

anyway it sounds what you experienced was caused by the crew not giving a hoot which is more of a server culture problem. a more dedicated crew would seek and destroy this wizard

before i go to bed id like to present an idea

This sounds like one of those good thought-of-this-while-munching-on-a-Red-Lobster-Cheddar-biscuit ideas.
(10-13-2018, 03:12 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:

geneticists already did get nerfed, you nerd. You need at least to interact with SOME people to get to use injectors, like how you need to just be decent at podfighting to use the russian ship.
merge the Russian shuttle with the derellict medbot ship
I like the russian words thing, maybe make them horribly mistranslated drunk space russian so that native russian speakers can't guess what they're supposed to mean (Also chemicals usually keep their names across language borders)