Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Table improvements
I actually played a complete round of chess on the game table in RP1. (Don’t day we don’t know how to have fun on the RP server.) It worked well enough but could use some improvements.

- There needs to be some indication of the last move. The game was pretty slow because we didn’t know who made the last move at times and had to type “ok go” in chat. A simple “the last move was from A4 to B6” on the window would be great.
- Please label the ranks and files! It makes it a lot easier to read the board.
- A button that sets the board up for checkers or chess would be nice. Maybe cardlocked with a scanner so people can’t walk up and reset your game.
- We had spectators! Being able to put a name in for white or black (think typing ASS or THRILLHO into a bowling alley computer) would be neat so they know who’s who.
- For high stakes games, maybe add a feature where white and black pieces are DNA locked and shock anyone unauthorized who touches them like a vending machine. This could be trivially bypassed with insulated gloves.
All good ideas.
How about those little clock things you can click on to start and stop your moves that they use in professional tournaments as the thing that indicates whose turn it is

Also, I'd love for more game tables and machines. Stuff like Video Poker or Blackjack
(10-08-2018, 08:47 AM)Flourish Wrote: All good ideas.

I don’t know if it’s in the 2016 release or I’d start working on some of the UI changes myself.
(10-09-2018, 07:43 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 08:47 AM)Flourish Wrote: All good ideas.

I don’t know if it’s in the 2016 release or I’d start working on some of the UI changes myself.

It is, in game_kit.dm. I don't think there's even been any updates to it since 2016 so it's probably just the same.