Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove mindslave wear-off warning
The message that you get when a mindslave begins to wear off is pretty dumb. It removes all of the excitement and distrust of knowing that your mindslaves will turn back on you eventually, because if you are savvy to it you can just have your implantee tell you when it starts to wear off. Also, i'm not sure if this happens already, but the time that a mindslave implant lasts could be randomized +- 5-10 minutes or so.

I think recycling implants on the same person shouldn't work either. If you want to recycle an implant, you can do it on another person, but the timer will not 'reset' on someone who has already been mindslaved. Basically, mindslave implants feel too 'safe'. An implant should give you a temporary slave, not an all-round traitor buddy.

Also, please make the message you get when a mindslave wears off in bigger text or something, I always miss it.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:The message that you get when a mindslave begins to wear off is pretty dumb. It removes all of the excitement and distrust of knowing that your mindslaves will turn back on you eventually, because if you are savvy to it you can just have your implantee tell you when it starts to wear off. Also, i'm not sure if this happens already, but the time that a mindslave implant lasts could be randomized +- 5-10 minutes or so.

I think recycling implants on the same person shouldn't work either. If you want to recycle an implant, you can do it on another person, but the timer will not 'reset' on someone who has already been mindslaved. Basically, mindslave implants feel too 'safe'. An implant should give you a temporary slave, not an all-round traitor buddy.

Also, please make the message you get when a mindslave wears off in bigger text or something, I always miss it.

Yeah it has a low limit of 20 minutes and a high limit of +5-10 more minutes.

But I agree, it's super dumb that you can recycle the implant and that it doesn't cost all ten crystals with that bonus. On top of that, I think it would be really really neat if the timer was shorter (like ten minutes max) and you had to keep finding new people to implant since you cannot replant the same guy. It'd make for a really interesting battle when your slave gets his mind back and you have to kill him and dig his implant out.
Remove mindslave wear off. Its fucking dumb, kills all the fun in having a mind slave who will probably stab you in the back and it ruins the fun of the mind slave. Having the wear out also makes traitors give out dumb orders like kill yourself too common and that's hella dumb.
Nautilus Wrote:Remove mindslave wear off. Its fucking dumb, kills all the fun in having a mind slave who will probably stab you in the back and it ruins the fun of the mind slave. Having the wear out also makes traitors give out dumb orders like kill yourself too common and that's hella dumb.

The mindslave stabbing you in the back IS the fun part. The fact that after twenty minutes, at any moment your mindslave will become a giant ball of revenge rushing towards you is super fun and gives it a good tense feeling. There should be a downside to it, you know.

But yes, the order to kill yourself after you get the warning message is SUPER lame
No, its just unfun. The downside is that they can get compromised and his implant removed, or they could otherwise die. Having to deal with some jerk come at you after giving him a free traitor round isn't tense, its just unintuitive and clunky. Removing it gets rid of the problem and makes the whole process better.
I agree there, honestly you're taking a gamble with a mindslave anyway, it'd be nice if it was reliable enough not to have people rushing to medbay to remove and re-implant.
If it doesn't wear off, it should probably cost 4 telecrystals instead of 3.
Nautilus Wrote:No, its just unfun. The downside is that they can get compromised and his implant removed, or they could otherwise die. Having to deal with some jerk come at you after giving him a free traitor round isn't tense, its just unintuitive and clunky. Removing it gets rid of the problem and makes the whole process better.

I guess I just don't agree. I've always felt like the syndicate are cheap bastards right up alongside NT, so no doubt there is going to be a downside to the product you are getting from them. I don't really feel it should be changed from a wearing out never point of view, but I do agree that you shouldn't be able to replant it at all, or just not into the same person.
I agree on removing the mindslave wear-off warning, it can be lame as heck. Being a mindslave is fun as shit, I would think it's funner than being the traitor itself. When mindslaved as sec, you can unleash your fury at the crew, whilst still in the back of your mind waiting to kill your master when it wears off. Removing this would increase the likelihood of this happening so yes.
I'd keep being able to re-implant the same person again in though.
It's 30 +/- 10 minutes. Remove the warning, keep reimplanting. Also, why would you backstab the dude that just gave you 30 minutes of fun. That is an ass move.
Question:
Marquesas Wrote:Also, why would you backstab the dude that just gave you 30 minutes of fun. That is an ass move.

Answer:

v
Make mindslaves permanent instead because everyone wants to be a traitor anyway. increase the price if you need to.
Keep the mindslave wear-off where it is, but upon getting the memo that "your mind is your own again", add some more text that says something along the lines of "You can't seem to remember the last X minutes of your life."

What could possibly go wrong?
When I implant a guy, I always tell them that I wont make them suicide, but on the condition that they tell me when they have turned back, so I don't get blindsided, but we can just have a showdown (because me and the mindslave by that point are usually loaded up with weapons.)

When I am a mindslave, I always give a heads up to the traitor that I have turned by shouting something to that effect over the radio.

So I think it'd be great if the traitor got a warning that his slave had turned, and then it is up to the best robuster to walk out alive.
The entire reason I usually mindslave people is because I am not the best robuster. Your first move as a traitor should be to find whoever is better than you, and mindslave them immediately.