Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Sec Armor Modules
An idea born from another thread, Armor modules are little plug in cartridges that can be popped into an armored vest that confer a bonus. The armor can only hold one module at a time. Some module ideas:
  • Speed Module: The armor conforms into something more sleek and shape fitting. You can sprint at a reduced stamina cost
  • Defense Module: The armor expands and becomes denser. You lose less stamina from being hit and stagger less from being hit
  • Offensive Module: The armor flexes around your muscles, helping move and guide them. You use less stamina to perform melee actions and are staggered less from hitting
  • Stealth Module: The armor's color shifts, blending with it's environment. You can only be seen at a distance of 1 tile away when prone, 3 tiles away when crawling, and 5 tiles away when standing still
10/10 idea.
The defense module should make the armor's wearer look fat.
(10-06-2018, 08:07 AM)Berrik Wrote: The defense module should make the armor's wearer look fat.

I wanna mock security for wearing this.

Make it so.
Stealth module seems a little OP. How hard would these modules be to access?
(10-10-2018, 11:45 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: Stealth module seems a little OP. How hard would these modules be to access?

The idea is not hard at all, just that you can only use one at any given moment. I think removal of a module should either be impossible or hard so you don't just carry a bunch and swap them out.

Yeah, I wanted a stealth one of some kind that involved creeping around slowly rather than the other forms of stealth camo we have. I'm open to suggestions on what would make that more balanced
(10-10-2018, 04:54 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 11:45 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: Stealth module seems a little OP. How hard would these modules be to access?

The idea is not hard at all, just that you can only use one at any given moment. I think removal of a module should either be impossible or hard so you don't just carry a bunch and swap them out.

Yeah, I wanted a stealth one of some kind that involved creeping around slowly rather than the other forms of stealth camo we have. I'm open to suggestions on what would make that more balanced

The first 3 seem balanced enough to be normal equipment, but the stealth one should probably go in armory, since it could be classified as special equipment.
I like the idea of this, especially the spec-ops stealth module. Would be useful for setting up a breach-and-entry situation (such as a hostage being held and the only option is to get the jump on them and surprise them with a flashbang), or for recon or something.

Also, maybe a ballistic defense module for physical bullets/sharp objects, and a reflective module for lasers?
If you go full iron Man armor there could be a bulkier space module that is designed primarily for being airtight and climate controlled.
I like more fun modular systems. 10/10
As an addendum, the vest could also take a battery with the added bonus the vest module provides draining it while active
(10-16-2018, 06:12 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: As an addendum, the vest could also take a battery with the added bonus the vest module provides draining it while active

On a related note, why are standalone power cells so rare? The only ones that exist roundstart are in the security starter kit. You either have to make, buy, or find the rest.