Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Weirdness with space lube foam and players swapping tiles leads to instadeath
I was playing a round on Oshan Laboratory. Someone was throwing syndicate cleaner grenades in Medbay while a fight was breaking out, and I was in the middle of running away to hide behind the nearest shrub. Then, out of nowhere, the game seemed to hang for a second, and in then the chatlog I see I have apparently slipped 271 times over the course of that one second:

[Image: unknown.png]

Upon analyzing my corpse, I found that I had accumulated 2000+ brute damage.

As there was someone else in deadchat who died at the same time, in the same way, having slipped a similar number of times, my guess that what happened is I ran into someone who was moving in the same direction while slipping on the space lube, and since we were both on help intent, we kept swapping tiles back and forth ridiculously fast. And since damage stacks for each foamed tile a player steps on, our BRUTE damage immediately skyrocketed, killing us both instantly.

...based on the response that I got upon bringing this up via adminhelp, this isn't something that's supposed to happen.
(10-05-2018, 07:04 PM)DignitySquared Wrote: Upon analyzing my corpse, I found that I had accumulated 2000+ brute damage.

guinness book of space records

also feature
This should not be a feature because it enables any random chemist/clown/Borg to murder people with ease, and just a little patience.
(10-09-2018, 07:03 PM)drymelon Wrote: also feature

No.

Anyway, I can confirm that this is a relatively long-standing bug. I experienced it back in July, but I wasn't able to figure out how to reproduce it.