Poll: What do you think of staggering?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
28.00%
7 28.00%
Dislike
32.00%
8 32.00%
Needs work
40.00%
10 40.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
'Staggered' discussion & feedback
Having experienced it firsthand now in game, I can say that this actually very very much is flow interrupting.
Even merely tossing things onto a table now makes me move at a crawl and prevents sprinting which greatly slows down even trying to do my job and organize my department.

Let alone fighting things now makes you feel like you're moving at a very very slow pace, there is no thrill of a chase anymore because you just pop methamphetamine/energy drink and now you have a massive speed advantage over the defender, who's moving at an extremely slow pace forcing them to attempt to fight back and very likely fail.
(10-06-2018, 01:13 PM)Daniella Wrote: Having experienced it firsthand now in game, I can say that this actually very very much is flow interrupting.
Even merely tossing things onto a table now makes me move at a crawl and prevents sprinting which greatly slows down even trying to do my job and organize my department.
That's a good point, I hadn't considered the throw change being annoying outside of combat situations. Might revert that.

(10-06-2018, 01:13 PM)Daniella Wrote: Let alone fighting things now makes you feel like you're moving at a very very slow pace, there is no thrill of a chase anymore because you just pop methamphetamine/energy drink and now you have a massive speed advantage over the defender, who's moving at an extremely slow pace forcing them to attempt to fight back and very likely fail.
Are drugs more effective than they used to be? Even before this change, they gave you a speed advantage in combat, so what's changed?
This has made traitor bowling pins/footballs/lawn darts not only even worse than they already were, but actively detrimental for the user.
After playing around with it for a while, I like it, except for the throwing stuff. Besides that, it's a welcome addition.
Thrown items no longer cause staggering. Nerfing thrown weapons and causing annoyance outside of combat were unintended consequences, which aren't worth the minor benefit of being able to throw a weapon to initiate or continue combat.
(10-07-2018, 02:33 AM)Infinite Monkeys Wrote: Are drugs more effective than they used to be? Even before this change, they gave you a speed advantage in combat, so what's changed?

Drugs do give the same amount of speed advantage in combat, but it is much harder to control with such a high speed, giving your target a chance to escape, or as the victim a chance at freedom to juke or escape your pursuer.

Now with sprinting disabled its far easier to click someone you're in pursuit of since you outrun them by a decently large margin and they're not particularly moving fast enough to make it difficult to repeatedly click them to apply the staggered status again.
Movement drugs should have some extra negatives when in combat, maybe shake the screen a bit or make you see double images
Alcohol I feel should effect stagger. Like, maybe while drunk you no longer stagger from normal actions, but instead on a random timer. Become a drunken master
(10-11-2018, 05:00 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Movement drugs should have some extra negatives when in combat, maybe shake the screen a bit or make you see double images

Jenkem has that effect, actually. I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to port that to the other movement chems; still not sure if I think it's a good idea, though.
The more speeded you be, the more trip you get (Also why not give drug abusers clown feet)