Poll: What do you think of staggering?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
28.00%
7 28.00%
Dislike
32.00%
8 32.00%
Needs work
40.00%
10 40.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
'Staggered' discussion & feedback
(10-03-2018, 10:23 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: the time is one thing, but the actual stagger doesn't decrease your speed by much.

We can agree to disagree.

(10-03-2018, 05:25 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Most stuns should be varying degrees of this stagger thing.

This is a good idea and I agree with it.

(10-03-2018, 05:24 AM)Infinite Monkeys Wrote: You may be right about allowing sprinting. However, I totally disagree that keeping someone down without a stun weapon is easy. You get one hit, then they endlessly dodge and run away. Nerfing stun weapons would just make it even harder to kill someone using melee, and guns would be the only viable weapon choice. If guns were nerfed too, then combat wouldn't be practical at all - anyone who didn't feel like fighting could just run away.

If you plan things out, or catch someone when they're distracted, it's definitely not just going to be dodge-and-run-away. I don't think people should be able to incur a movement disadvantage to whoever they're trying to murder if they simply run up to them in the middle of an open hallway and whack them with a fire extinguisher. 

You're right that nerfing stun weapons might make it harder to kill someone using melee, but I think it then also encourages using other kinds of weapons, and makes the game more balanced in terms of combat, since stuns are so powerful. On the other hand, of course, that would also mean rebalancing a bunch of antags, like wizard, werewolf, and changeling, where stuns are often key to their capture.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by Roomba - 10-02-2018, 05:49 PM
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by New525 - 10-03-2018, 06:13 PM
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by Flourish - 10-04-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: 'Staggered' discussion & feedback - by Berrik - 10-07-2018, 10:20 PM