Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.44 Average
repurposing security
Less anti antag and more national guard imo

I was thinking more a first responder side job that can also aid security in addition to whatever job the person currently had.
(10-05-2018, 10:47 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Adding/deleting skills from players just for having their ID switched and recolored in a machine doesn't really make sense to me thematically. If you wanted to do that, you would really be better off creating whole new sec jobs to pick, like "Medical Sec", "Research Sec" and that doesn't really track with me.
Since the comparison to modules was already made, what about making them yknow, actual modules? For instance, something that plugs into the armor that programs certain functions into the armor/glasses/helmet. 
Thematically speaking, frank's example bonuses might look like:
  • Medical: Disenfectant systems operating in the suit using personal biometrics, SecHud glasses now highlighting where to apply pressure to wounds or generating first aid instructions based on scans
  • Engineering: Armor regulating temperatures, armor adjusting itself to be better at dispersing large blasts while worse at dealing with penetrative force
That sort of thing.
Rename Security to something like Firefighters or Safety Squad or Neighborhood Watch or something that highlights their rapid response rescue and crew un-fuckers.

This is different than Medbay and Engineering in that Medbay heals people who get to their lair and Engineering ostensibly fixes the station and not the people fucked by the station.
(10-05-2018, 03:20 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 10:47 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Adding/deleting skills from players just for having their ID switched and recolored in a machine doesn't really make sense to me thematically. If you wanted to do that, you would really be better off creating whole new sec jobs to pick, like "Medical Sec", "Research Sec" and that doesn't really track with me.
Since the comparison to modules was already made, what about making them yknow, actual modules? For instance, something that plugs into the armor that programs certain functions into the armor/glasses/helmet. 
Thematically speaking, frank's example bonuses might look like:
  • Medical: Disenfectant systems operating in the suit using personal biometrics, SecHud glasses now highlighting where to apply pressure to wounds or generating first aid instructions based on scans
  • Engineering: Armor regulating temperatures, armor adjusting itself to be better at dispersing large blasts while worse at dealing with penetrative force
That sort of thing.

Yeah, something like that is what I was thinking. It's a way to give yourself a specialization as a Sec officer and work more closely with a department while not necessarily pigeonholing yourself to it
(10-05-2018, 03:20 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Since the comparison to modules was already made, what about making them yknow, actual modules?

Kind of reminds me of the reprogrammed soldiers from Death Machine or Cyborg or any one of those weirdo movies, which is to say I'm all for our sec team essentially being fucking robots.
this gave me an idea to replace security with the disaster response team (drt). they'd be a little bit of security, medical, and engineering rolled into one and would serve as a triage/bandaid that would serve as a bandaid while waiting for medical or engineering to show up and properly stitch and heal the wound. instead of brigging people too there could be rehabilitation implants that would serve to deter crime but would wear off in a span of 5-10 minutes as your murderous/criminal urges return
(10-07-2018, 01:08 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: this gave me an idea to replace security with the disaster response team (drt). they'd be a little bit of security, medical, and engineering rolled into one and would serve as a triage/bandaid that would serve as a bandaid while waiting for medical or engineering to show up and properly stitch and heal the wound. instead of brigging people too there could be rehabilitation implants that would serve to deter crime but would wear off in a span of 5-10 minutes as your murderous/criminal urges return

Add the word Investigation and you get DIRT.

Although that sounds basically like what Turds was.