Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make disarming someone holding a weapon dangerous
Other than the obvious danger of being whacked, of course. It seems to me that trying to knock a csaber or a powered up baton or a katana or whatever out of someone's hand should be a bit more hazardous than attempting to steal a hamburger.
i for one support the heck out of this idea. disarm is extremely buff and id like to see the average person take a knife or gun out of someone's hand without any complications
Disarming someone wielding an edged weapon should, like, almost certainly fail and cause you to bleed everywhere.
Or if you really fuck up, cause you to accidentially sever your own limb when you whack it against the c-saber/katana with great force.

Mabye trying to disarm someone with a gun could also have a chance for them to aim it at you automatically (like with grab intent and a normal click)?
ive been informed by a phoneposting MBC that it's already possible to cut yourself trying to disarm a knife and there's also a chance that you knock the knife out of their hand and it throws it at a random tile, including the one you're on, and i guess also it can take multiple successful attempts to disarm someone based on stamina, so um, yea

shows how long its been since i got in a real fight

i still support the idea it just sounds like it was looked at and addressed a while ago, unless you think it needs even more?
This is frustrating I think. But I feel like the solution isn't so complicated. More special attacks for weapons.

For a long while until MBC changed it, disarm intent was completely useless. You could only really disarm someone if they had no stamina, in which case you're better off just punching them. But now people think it's too strong since it's back to how it was like years ago, only more interesting.

If you're close enough to hit someone with 2 or 3 disarms and they have a gun, they're probably doing something wrong. So I don't think that needs changing. But giving melee weapons special attacks are very useful for ballancing out disarm intent, such as razor blade and the sweep hits since they are easier to land. And you need to click the sprite exactly to disarm.
Thing is, whoever is disarming you will have a major stamina advantage, because they arn't trying to click wildly with many attacks to connect with the space hummingbird in the form of a man.