Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Antagonist Idea - The Mummy
(10-02-2018, 10:11 AM)locusts Wrote: The locust grabs the cheese sandwich right out of your hand!

Ooh.

I like the idea of the mummy being something like an upgraded meatcube mixed with a murder of cluwnes. While their primary mission is to wreck a specific person into next shift, they're more optimized for being an unbelievable pain in the ass for anyone unfortunate to be anywhere near them. Not specifically deadly to the crew (aside from the target), but more than capable to ruin everyone's day with ease.
another idea i think would be apporpriate and spooky, local power draining-

any machinery adjacent to the mummy (maybe +1/+2 tiles) shuts off, lights, computers, life saving robo-hearts, etc.

doesn't actually drain their cells, just shuts them down until the mummy moves out of range. A roving brownout.
Loving the ideas all around.

(10-03-2018, 06:57 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: another idea i think would be apporpriate and spooky, local power draining-

any machinery adjacent to the mummy (maybe +1/+2 tiles) shuts off, lights, computers, life saving robo-hearts, etc.

doesn't actually drain their cells, just shuts them down until the mummy moves out of range. A roving brownout.

The idea of this and other things negatively impacting other crew in semi-passive ways solves the problem of the role being too idle or slow in my opinion.

We had another idea thread a while back for some Vampire updates including using a coffin as a base of a sort. Using the sarcophagus in the same or similar way might be super cool.
I had a dream last night about an antagonist that could turn people into artifacts, and I think this would work well for the Mummy as a curse when it reaches its victim.
(10-09-2018, 01:58 AM)locusts Wrote: I had a dream last night about an antagonist that could turn people into artifacts, and I think this would work well for the Mummy as a curse when it reaches its victim.

Maybe as a version of Polymorph that turns them into dangerous critters but mindslaved to the mummy?
Curse ideas for when the mummy catches you (these all kill):

- Turned into a pile of sand
- Eaten alive by scarabs until you are just a skellington
- Turned into an artifact like that dream I had
- Turned into a gold statue of yourself
- Turned into an action figure of the job you signed up as
- Turned into a photograph of yourself
- Your brain falls out and becomes an angry critter
- Instagib
- Turned into a sandwich stuffed with their own meat
(10-17-2018, 07:26 AM)locusts Wrote: Curse ideas for when the mummy catches you (these all kill):

- Turned into a pile of sand
- Eaten alive by scarabs until you are just a skellington
- Turned into an artifact like that dream I had
- Turned into a gold statue of yourself
- Turned into an action figure of the job you signed up as
- Turned into a photograph of yourself
- Your brain falls out and becomes an angry critter
- Instagib
- Turned into a sandwich stuffed with their own meat

Would these all exist and be chosen from randomly?
+turned into a fluid that fills the room
Yeah random choice each time