Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
[OSHAN] Make the ocean dangerous!
As it is right now, with just a breath mask and a bit of air, you can go swimming outside of the station. I've come to the conclusion that it holds very little risk to moving around and that there has to be some sort of drawback to going outside unprotected.

A bit of steady brute that happens while you're underwater unprotected? MBC stated that the trench is very cold and requires protection, but I'm also not as keen on OSHAN's construction as I am with other stations, so maybe this is a bit much. This is more of an opinion thread than a suggestion thread as I'm wondering if the ocean is a little to friendly to the folks aboard OSHAN.
IIRC the canon is OSHAN was built by the survivors from the wreckage of a station that de-orbited and crashed into shallow waters so the non-trench ocean shouldn't be particularly high pressure or dangerous.

i could be completely wrong and for that matter who the fuck survives falling from space into the ocean, shallow or not
(09-30-2018, 04:22 PM)magic mountain Wrote: IIRC the canon is OSHAN was built by the survivors from the wreckage of a station that de-orbited and crashed into shallow waters so the non-trench ocean shouldn't be particularly high pressure or dangerous.

i could be completely wrong and for that matter who the fuck survives falling from space into the ocean, shallow or not

Clones who were brainwashed into thinking they were survivors from the wreckage of a station that de-orbited and crashed into shallow waters as a social experiment to further the range of Nanotrasen's profitability.

Anyways nah, I really like how I don't just up and die from da sea. Reminds me of old spacewalking which I really liked. The trench? That should probably cause on to implode without protective gear.
Are we being plagued by a surplus of people running around in the water unprotected? And on the off chance we were, how do they impede the normal functioning of the station in any way?
they expect one of us in the wreckage, brother

it should be very dark underwater, maybe have davy jones or skeletons running around
I agree, it should be much darker in the ocean. Make them darker than the maintenance tunnels!

As for the deadliness I have one suggestion, wendigos in diving suits.
It should be noted that any danger in the water needs to be trivial to deal with as engineers, as half their job is going out into the sea in the first place.
(09-30-2018, 04:36 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 04:22 PM)magic mountain Wrote: IIRC the canon is OSHAN was built by the survivors from the wreckage of a station that de-orbited and crashed into shallow waters so the non-trench ocean shouldn't be particularly high pressure or dangerous.

Clones who were brainwashed into thinking they were survivors from the wreckage of a station that de-orbited and crashed into shallow waters as a social experiment to further the range of Nanotrasen's profitability.

Anyways nah, I really like how I don't just up and die from da sea. Reminds me of old spacewalking which I really liked. The trench? That should probably cause on to implode without protective gear.

It would be cool if diving in the trench without a suit or fancy gear led to damage over time or deleterious states like nitrogen narcosis that went away on their own once you left. You could also sit in a decompression tube for X seconds to speed it up.

Going into the trench and surfacing too fast could lead to horrible effects as well, such as you blood falling out.
I think it would be kind of neat if ordinary weapons like tasers, lasers, batons, etc were ineffective when submerged and you had to use spearguns and such instead.