Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trivial Glass recyclers can make but not recycle vials
(10-05-2018, 10:34 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 03:28 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 06:51 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I mean, it's not like you wouldn't know you were fighting someone near a chem dispenser. TBH I don't see any reason why beakers and cups and such shouldn't be functionally the same

They're extra sturdy glass, clearly. How do you think they contain all those acids and pyrotechnic chemicals?

yeah if you're going by actual function, glassware is soda glass, beakers are borosilicate and are actually really hard to shatter and for good reason. they can actually be cut fairly easilly with abrasive wheels without exploding.
To be extra extra fair about this, nothing's stopping you from putting horrifying acid that SHOULD melt that glass into a soda bottle.

Chemicals be weird yo
(10-05-2018, 09:31 PM)Technature Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 10:34 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 03:28 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 06:51 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I mean, it's not like you wouldn't know you were fighting someone near a chem dispenser. TBH I don't see any reason why beakers and cups and such shouldn't be functionally the same

They're extra sturdy glass, clearly. How do you think they contain all those acids and pyrotechnic chemicals?

yeah if you're going by actual function, glassware is soda glass, beakers are borosilicate and are actually really hard to shatter and for good reason. they can actually be cut fairly easilly with abrasive wheels without exploding.
To be extra extra fair about this, nothing's stopping you from putting horrifying acid that SHOULD melt that glass into a soda bottle.

Chemicals be weird yo

Okay but there are perhaps 2 chems in the game which should be reactive to glass, and I don't think it would be a bad idea to nerf them so that they *do* react with glass. 

specifically ClF3 and FOOF, and perhaps anything over 1800k
hey, you remember the coconuts in botany?
you can fill those with phlogiston and absolutely nothing happens, even though coconuts are supposedly organic and phlogiston is essence of fire.
i yeeteth