Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bring back the blob quarantine, again
This was removed, added back, then removed again for some reason. No escaping the blob, deal with it or perish  Argh!
But what about the feeling of blob accomplishment when you get a nucelus on the shuttle?!
I am also a fan of getting a nucleus on the shuttle. The only issue right now is that the crew tends to call the shuttle so early that the bloob doesn't have time to get to 500 tiles.

Rather than bringing the quarantine back I would suggest changing the win conditions for the blob to be a selection of the following:

1. Force the evacuation of the station be getting the crew to call the shuttle.
2. Spread to centcom by having a living nucleus survive on the escape shuttle
3. Consume at least X crewmembers
4. Have at least X living nuclei on the station by the end of the round
Yeah that's the problem, Firebarrage. I have seen several people do that on Clarion recently so they could just flee and ignore the blob entirely.
(09-25-2018, 09:24 AM)Berrik Wrote: Yeah that's the problem, Firebarrage. I have seen several people do that on Clarion recently so they could just flee and ignore the blob entirely.

Yep! Those objectives are mainly to remove the size requirement. Maybe we can just turn the 500 tile blob into an achievement instead?
(09-25-2018, 09:41 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 09:24 AM)Berrik Wrote: Yeah that's the problem, Firebarrage. I have seen several people do that on Clarion recently so they could just flee and ignore the blob entirely.

Yep! Those objectives are mainly to remove the size requirement. Maybe we can just turn the 500 tile blob into an achievement instead?

Yeah, on one of my best blob rounds recently I got to 300 tiles. 500 sounds like good medal material.
I like the idea of blobs attacking the shuttle and escaping on it, but I agree with OP that it seems like people just call the shuttle when they think they can't handle the blob (or at the first sign of a large blob) thinking that that is how they "win". But it's actually a lose condition.
Either way, an early shuttle call screws people out of their blob round. Mabye compromise and add a certain amount of time during the blob round before the shuttle can be called? 30-45 minutes or some such. That's about the length of the average round anyways.

Start the timer as soon as the blob reaches a certain size or something and play a centcomm announcement.
I dont really see it as being screwed out of a blob round. Some round types are just shorter, like nuke. Im fine with this as long as its possible to win within that time frame. Besides, after 15-20 minutes of not dying you are a horrorblob that is very hard to stop.
(09-25-2018, 01:35 PM)Berrik Wrote: Start the timer as soon as the blob reaches a certain size or something and play a centcomm announcement.

I actually really like this. Sure, crew may be in a hopeless situation but then it becomes a game of straight up survival, a player made disaster round of not dying.