Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major [Oshan] Teleporter Offsets Keep Changing
Hello, this just happened to me and it was very odd. I set up and calibrated the teleporter as normal, and attempted to teleport in some of the artifacts that were recently added to the station level. I was successful for about 3, then all of a sudden I got a wrong Z level error. I quadruple checked against my offsets in case it was me that was wrong, but the entire offset had changed, as I found out when I recalibrated it. I did it again only for the offsets to change yet again.

The only unusual thing that occurred while teleporting was that some branching coral was teleported in. It couldn't be moved or teleported away, and slowed you down while walking over it as with normal coral.
(09-24-2018, 02:51 PM)locusts Wrote: Hello, this just happened to me and it was very odd. I set up and calibrated the teleporter as normal, and attempted to teleport in some of the artifacts that were recently added to the station level. I was successful for about 3, then all of a sudden I got a wrong Z level error. I quadruple checked against my offsets in case it was me that was wrong, but the entire offset had changed, as I found out when I recalibrated it. I did it again only for the offsets to change yet again.

The only unusual thing that occurred while teleporting was that some branching coral was teleported in. It couldn't be moved or teleported away, and slowed you down while walking over it as with normal coral.
Feature, teleporter offsets have a tiny chance of changing every teleport (followed by a message in chat). You probably just got really unlucky
That coral thing sounds like a bug though.
Is that a new thing? I've used the teleporter a LOT and never had it change coordinates before. I also wasn't receiving any messages indicating it had changed.
I havent heard of that either, but I also remember having something happen with the teleport calibration seemingly changing. Whats the message in chat look like Triacontakai?
it says something about circuit boards popping and frying. its not a bug i dont think?
(09-25-2018, 07:14 AM)Wraithcraft Wrote: it says something about circuit boards popping and frying. its not a bug i dont think?

Yeah, should be something like that. I think you also need to be able to see the telepad to get the message.
Code:
if((prob(2) && prob(2)) || ((usr.ckey in Dorks) && prob(10)))
            usr.visible_message("<span style=\"color:red\">The console emits a loud pop and an acrid smell fills the air!</span>")
            XSUBTRACT = rand(0,100)
            YSUBTRACT = rand(0,100)
            ZSUBTRACT = rand(0,world.maxz)

Feature.
A very shitty feature.
`usr.ckey in Dorks` oh no
(09-25-2018, 04:19 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: `usr.ckey in Dorks` oh no

thats gone
remove this "feature", imo, it does nothing to improve the game
(09-26-2018, 01:01 AM)Berrik Wrote: remove this "feature", imo, it does nothing to improve the game
It makes the teleporter harder to use. It's already very powerful, so a minute of recalibrating occasionally is fine imo. If anything 1 in 2500 is too low a probability.
How about setting it to change with probability 0.0005x , where x is the number of times it has been used since an offset change. The longer you use it, the more likely they change. The number I chose here means that you'll get ~50 teleports before a change on average.