Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cloning giving the clonee anti-rad med
So currently as it goes if someone starts cloning then a radstorm event happens, they are most likely going to die because everyone will have evacuated medbay and they can't go anywhere or do anything for a good thirty seconds while being exposed.

I think putting some potassium iodine or something else into the clonee or even some charcoal could maybe help this by keeping them from just instantly dying without a chance. Alternatively the length of rad storm events could be shortened so as to not allow this to happen so often and easily.
But Doctors can already pour those reagents into the cloning pod if they get the warning that there is a rad storm coming. Also, they can just unlock the pod and eject the person early to get em into maint.
Or possibly just lock until the radstorm is over, refusing to eject the clone until it passes.
(09-24-2018, 04:38 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Or possibly just lock until the radstorm is over, refusing to eject the clone until it passes.

There should be no reason for a doctor to try to start cloning someone in the middle of a rad storm anyway, so this makes sense and should probably happen.
I dunno. Getting cloned and then being tossed out of a goopy cloning pod buck naked into the middle of a lethal radiation storm with no doctors around to help is one of the most Space Station 13 situations I can think of. I doubt this is super common and even if it does happen you can just re-clone them.
I personally like the idea the cloner gets automatically locked by the station or something during radstorms, however..

I suggest adding a "holding lock" of some kind for the cloner, one where anyone (emag , AI, or head ID) can set the cloner to NOT pop the clonee out until it's unlocked. The cloner would auto-pump 2 minutes of salb into the clonees system so they don't immediately suffocate, and you could still suicide inside but you can't get out until its unlocked.

Should the person inside suicide or suffocate, the cloner spits their confirmed dead corpse out and unlocks itself.
This idea could be applied to criminals being cloned for trials etc too, interesting.
People tend to forget about re-cloning people when they were ling absorbed and cloned in a humanized monkey body...

That's what happened then the radstorm after my cloning started
To be fair people tend to forget to clone you when you scan ahead of time to be on the safe side.

Even though every medical person, including geneticists, get a message saying you just died.
What if the message sent automatically when someone dies also informs you if they've been scanned already, and allows you to send a message back to start cloning them?