Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Buff laser cybereyes a bit
These require cerenkite or erebite to produce, and with two of them, deal damage mabye equivalent to that of a single phaser shot, with an 8 second cooldown. Not really worth the effort at the moment.
Frankly, the damage isn't the issue- the fact that you have to remove anything that covers your eyes is.

Making it ignore those, like Optic Energizer, would be more ideal.
I was thinking on this actually. Considering the following:

Optic Energizer:
Rarely requires another person to use (though another person to improve it would make it better).+
Easy to make and spread.+
Doesn't require glasses slot to be empty.+
Easy to remove (Like a mutadone filled dart) without outside assistance (Another person to make a gene irremovable).-
Can backfire if you're unstable.-

Cyber Eye:
Difficult to remove without surgery.+
Can't backfire.+
Require's glasses slot to be empty, leaving you vulnerable to flashes.-
Requires another person to use it.-
Requires hard to find, potentially lethal items.-

Cyber eyes do definitely look like they need a buff.
It's been a while since I've gotten really wacky with self surgery, but I'm pretty positive you can do your own eye transplants, just like anything else. Of course, self heart surgery is also technically possible, and I'm not sure what people think of self surgery since the changes to it, so maybe it's still too much of a hassle.
Self eye surgery is completely possible, self heart and self brain surgery is completely* impossible.

*Lings are the exception to self heart surgery.
From what I've seen unless you're drunk it's damn near impossible to actually do self surgery, and doing your eyes comes with the "bonus" of being forced to use a single hand the entire procedure and having your vision look like you shoved half your face into a wall while trying to spy on someone halfway through.

Course I could just be really shit at it. The old self surgery was a neat little feature that I'm sad to see go.
I've gotten decently proficient at the new system, I'll test tonight to be sure it's possible.
(09-24-2018, 07:40 AM)Technature Wrote: Course I could just be really shit at it. The old self surgery was a neat little feature that I'm sad to see go.

It works exactly the same way, except you don't stand up in between actions. The timing window is more precise, but it's faster overall.
I had a feeling it was because I was shit.

*frown
(09-26-2018, 09:03 PM)Technature Wrote: I had a feeling it was because I was shit.

*frown

its okay! we all make silly mistakes sometimes
Yeah I'm fine with this. The cooldown is long enough that I dont see it causing problems, but it would still be useful in a fight.