Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color in the damage values.
I know this doesn't really add much, but it would be neat if you could look for damage values by color.

e.g Suffication could be blue, toxin could be green, burn damage could be yellow, and brute damage could be red.

For color blind people, you could still retain the key under it so people know which is which. Plus it makes looking for specific values faster.

10/10/10/10

The colors could pretty much be anything, but I just picked yellow for burn and red for brute because yellow is distinguishable from red.
This is a pretty good idea from an accessibility point of view. One thing to note is that while suffocation is blue, so is the entire report from the health analyser and it might be a bit confusing at a glance. If it was a different but distinguished shade of blue from the rest of the report it'd look perfect.

It could be the same for atmospheric analyser so that benign gasses are coloured complimentarily to each other (such as Oxygen and Nitrogen as either grey-ish or blue-ish), Plasma is Orange, CO2 is Black and other gasses (unknown gasses on some analysers) show up as Brown or something.

The more accessibility features added into the game, the better the game will feel and play. It might not seem like much but it does add up!
Well.. im color blind,but i think this should be added,would help some people alot (only if it would still have the words them self like suggested)
The colors could be anything, I just picked some that could make sense.

I don't know how yellow would look on a white background, so a darker yellow or olive color might not be a bad choice either.

I just picked blue for suffocation because it was either that or black.

Black seemed too much like death, and blue had an air quality too it, plus drowning.
atomic1fire Wrote:The colors could be anything, I just picked some that could make sense.

I don't know how yellow would look on a white background, so a darker yellow or olive color might not be a bad choice either.

I just picked blue for suffocation because it was either that or black.

Black seemed too much like death, and blue had an air quality too it, plus drowning.

Making burns red and brute black (bruises confused) would make some amount of sense.