Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wild West Station
replace the Y-drone with a giant mechanical fire breathing spider

Merchant shuttles/the escape shuttle are now trains
(09-19-2018, 04:33 PM)Erev Wrote: I don't like the idea of the open map or micro-bases. The empty (or crushing) abyss is part of the danger of the game. And when it comes to micro-bases, lets face it. After a week or two we won't have the numbers. Unless we have a serious player recruitment drive big stations and concepts are bad ideas and a thing of the past. Even cog2 barely feels full at prime time. Players should be funneled closer so that they interact and, through that interaction, things occur and this concept qorks to other direction.

The server pop issue is definitely my biggest concern regarding the outposts, even though I like the idea of it. Probably the best thing to do would be as LovelyMimic suggested and keep that to extra stuff like the radio station and such

Personally though, I think the open map would be fine and even a bit of a relief when it comes to tweaking the map, since each building could be designed and edited separately. Having a hot, harsh environment outside of the town takes care of the empty/abyss nature that space and ocean provide on other maps
'Wear a hat and hydrate' is not the same danger level. And the theme is super far from the core game. If this were a thing it should be its own server IMO.
(09-21-2018, 12:45 PM)Erev Wrote: 'Wear a hat and hydrate' is not the same danger level. And the theme is super far from the core game. If this were a thing it should be its own server IMO.

I'd be down to host this but if not for the captive audience already on goon, it won't ever pop high enough to work even once